Taxonomist - Content
- Job Summary
We are seeking a creative and web-savvy content strategist to join our Content Solutions team to support Moody's world class ratings, research and data content offerings. This position will help optimize content discovery and classification in support of our "right content, right place, right time" guiding principle.
We're looking for a content strategist who can shape and support Moody's comprehensive taxonomies and ontologies to ensure an intuitive delivery of content that addresses customers' evolving needs and changing consumption patterns. In this capacity, you will have the opportunity to support customer -facing strategies that impact navigation, search, and discovery to create an optimal experience for our customers.
As part of the product strategy team, you will work very closely with a broader cross-functional team, including user experience, business analysis, platform strategy, software engineering, and program management. You will also work closely with upstream data and content creation teams.
- Essential Job Functions
- Strategy and Innovation : Serve as a metadata and ontology subject matter expert for product initiatives, supporting current and future business needs and acting as the customer's advocate. Identify new opportunities to optimize Moody's content delivery. Bridge the gap between business and technology. Turn theory into practice, strategy into action.
- Efficiency and Alignment : Ensure alignment across cross-functional working groups so that solutions are implemented efficiently and product goals are met.
- Governance: Establish and lead a governing body to ensure the consistent application of best practices across products, teams, and systems.
Master's degree in Library or Information Science, Linguistics, Information Architecture, or equivalent professional experience required.
5-7 years of experience developing and managing web based content, controlled vocabularies, taxonomies, metadata and classification schema, online search technology, insights research, or related field ideally for a client-facing application.
Proven ability to present complex technical and metadata information in a clear and concise way to a range of technical and non-technical audiences, preferably in a way that demonstrates clear benefits to the customer or business. Duties
- Own taxonomy from a business perspective, including development of the strategic vision, ongoing oversight and maintenance, and management of key initiatives, keeping Moody's Analytics customers at the core.
- Understand business vision and customer needs, and identify solutions to fulfill them through the taxonomy.
- Serve as a metadata expert to improve internal and external content classification structures, as well as the processes that build and maintain them.
- Partner with content creation, operations, and governance teams upstream and content technology, web platform and design teams downstream to implement product enhancements and solutions.
- Lead the taxonomy governance cross-functional working team, and manage the day-to-day implementation, maintenance, and governance of the taxonomy.
- Align with internal stakeholders, including product managers, business analysts, and technical teams, to ensure that the taxonomy meets customer and business needs.
- Effectively manage projects, including roadmap planning, status updates, story development and prioritization, and stakeholder management.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.