Tax Operations Analyst
Our Client, a global investment bank, is seeking a Tax Operations Analyst for its downtown Manhattan location. Department Description:
- The successful candidate will help facilitate Tax Reporting across various business units, including Prime Brokerage, International Wealth Management, Swaps, Commodities, Syndicated Loans.
- The team is responsible for the production and issuance of IRS forms 1099, 1042-S REMIC, 2439 and others to our client's institutional clients.
- The role will report to a Director within US Tax Operations based in New York City.
- This is a challenging position that requires attention to detail, adherence to deadlines, and an aptitude for reconciliations in financial systems.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Daily reconciliations of tax forms processing
- Researching and clearing of income and withholding tax breaks
- Respond to queries from account representatives in Prime Brokerage and Prime Wealth Management
- Coordinate system enhancements with IT developers
- Track items in the production calendar
- Ad hoc tasks and projects as required
Why Consider a Contract/Temp Role?
- Ability to multitask and take ownership of complex issues
- Attention to detail and meeting deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Accustomed to learning how to navigate internal systems
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- A general familiarity with banking operations and US tax withholding / reporting
Visit us at www.phytontalent.com for more information. Phyton Talent Advisors is a proud winner of the Inavero's 2017 Best of Staffing® Client Award & Named by Forbes as One of America's Best Professional Recruiting Firms
- Get a foot in the door while evaluating your fit with an employer
- Fill in the "gap" while you continue to look for a permanent role
- Build your resume by developing new skills, experiences & references
- Some companies only use professional recruiting firms to fill jobs
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, by choice, Phyton Talent Advisors will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.