Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world's most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
We are seeking a tax professional with alternative fund tax experience who will be responsible for a variety of tax tasks related to our private equity / venture capital funds, hedge funds, and broker dealer. You will take on the following responsibilities:
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Review tax compliance, as well as liaison with tax providers.
- Participate in tax planning and tax structuring.
- Support front office transactions and new products.
- Analyze transactions and financial products to determine their tax efficiency.
- Monitor transactions and trading.
- Assist in international tax compliance (e.g., Foreign subsidiaries, FATCA / CRS / FBAR/ CBCR).
- Manage internal estimates workflow.
- Manage tax department projects.
- Collaborate with Investor Relations team on investor tax inquiries.
- Participate in FIN 48 analysis.
- Manage responses to tax notices from various federal and state tax agencies.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- 3-6 years of experience in tax in a major accounting firm, or investment manager focused on both private equity and hedge fund taxation.
- Strong technical knowledge of tax rules applicable to alternative asset management funds and financial products.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to build cross-functional collaboration within the firm and with outside providers / advisors.
- Attention to detail and excellent organization skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Bachelor's degree required. L.L.M or Master in Tax a plus.
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.