Tax Compliance Manager
Tax Compliance Manager
The Manager of Tax Compliance will be responsible for managing the preparation and filing of our Federal and State income tax returns. Candidate should have experience in tax compliance preferably with both U.S. corporate (1120) and U.S. partnership (1065) reporting. The Company is experiencing significant growth presenting substantial opportunity for individuals who thrive on challenges and are motivated to add value to a dynamic tax team.
Key Responsibilities include :
• Review (at times prepare) Federal and State income tax returns for corporations and partnerships.
• Assist in review of consolidated 1120 Federal returns including international reporting (5471s, 8865s, 8858s) and State returns.
• Manage and coordinate with outside service providers including paid preparer engagements for tax returns of certain company affiliates.
• Prepare and manage the tax compliance calendars and quarterly estimated tax payments.
• Liaise with the tax accounting team in identifying and documenting book-to-tax adjustments, review of provision to return true-up calculations and analysis of tax attributes and cash tax payments.
• Assess and determine ways to streamline the tax return process to become more efficient.
• Establish and properly maintain internal control functions and SOX documentation where applicable.
• Analyze the facts and circumstances of significant book transactions and determine applicable tax treatment in accordance with the relevant tax authority.
• Any other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
• CPA designation and/or Master's degree in Tax strongly preferred
• Minimum of 5+ years of experience in domestic income tax compliance, including corporate consolidated tax returns, state combined and/or unitary filings and partnership tax returns
• Public Accounting experience preferred
• Experience in banking and capital markets a plus
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of programs, specifically Excel
• Working knowledge of Oracle software used for general ledger a plus
• Tax return software experience
• Experience managing a team with a hands on approach
• Superior interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate and interact effectively with people from multi-functional and diverse backgrounds
• Ability to effectively analyze, organize, and prioritize workflow according to internal and external deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Willingness to take ownership and dedicate the time needed to complete departmental and company-wide objectives