Tax Compliance Associate, Tax Department
Senior Tax Compliance Associate
We are seeking a tax compliance senior associate to join our growing team. The candidate will be primarily responsible for the preparation and filing of our corporate and partnership income tax returns. Key Responsibilities include:
• Prepare and review work papers for complex federal and state tax returns for corporations and partnerships
• Prepare quarterly federal and state estimated tax payments for corporations, partnerships and individual partners.
• Assist with state and federal audits.
• Respond to inquiries and notices from IRS and other taxing authorities
• Perform, document and summarize research and conclusions regarding specific tax issues
• Remain up-to-date on current tax practices and changes in tax law
• Manage and develop junior staff and interns
• Any other duties and projects as assigned Qualifications:
• Bachelor degree in Accounting required, MST a plus.
• CPA designation preferred.
• 3+ years of relevant tax compliance experience.
• Excellent tax technical capabilities and research and problem-solving skills.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of programs, specifically Excel.
• Working knowledge of Oracle software used for general ledger.
• OneSource software for tax return preparation.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and communicate results to the team.
• Ability to effectively analyze, organize, and prioritize workflow according to internal and external deadlines in a fast-paced environment.