Assistance with federal, international and state and local tax matters including:
- Oversight of withholding tax matters including W-8BEN-E/W9 forms
- Review and approval of US creditable withholding tax
- Prepare and file forms 720, 1042, and 6166 including quarterly/annual payment requests
- Assist with quarterly estimated tax calculation and payment request
- Prepare and file federal and state extension forms
- Review and filing of US non-profit federal and state tax returns
- Assist with booking journal entries for monthly close
- Review of quarterly federal depreciation
- Handle tax notices/correspond with tax authorities
- One to three years of tax experience
- BS in Accounting
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Tax return and/or provision experience desired
- Experience with Corporate Tax Preparation Software (CorpTax, preferred)
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Proficient in Excel and other Microsoft Office Applications
- Ability to interact with multiple departments within an organization
- Outstanding communication (verbal and written) skills; strong interpersonal skills are essential
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.