Tactical Opportunities - Valuations, Analyst/Associate
Blackstone is one of the world's leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with $554 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com . Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone .
Tactical Opportunities Finance - Valuations and FP&A, Analyst/Asscciate
Blackstone's Tactical Opportunities group is looking for an Associate within its Valuations & Performance Group. The core focus of the Group is to evaluate, analyze, and summarize portfolio investment valuation results for the business. In addition, the Group is responsible for forecasting financials, producing fund level performance records and analytics, as well as preparing various External Investor and Internal Management reports and requests. Other responsibilities may include supporting the broader Finance and Investor Relations teams on an ad hoc basis.
- Assist with updating valuation templates each quarter, including discounted cash flow (DCF), performance multiple (PM) and other valuation models.
- Compile documentation to support actual financial and company comparable assumptions used in the valuation models.
- Assess underlying assumptions used to develop DCF, performance multiples, and other valuations.
- Maintain, prepare and analyze summary valuation and performance schedules.
- Participate in discussions with and provide deliverables to various constituents, including Deal Analysts, Investor Relations, and Senior Management as well as External and Internal Audit groups.
- Update quarterly planning models to reflect actual performance, and roll future cash flows. Complete variance analyses.
- Assess value creation drivers that have contributed to changes in valuations over the holding period of each investment.
- Assist in enhancing the group's reporting processes, procedures and analytics
- Participate in various group initiatives and projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or a quantitative discipline (preferred), or 3 to 6 years of experience in a financial role, and a strong GPA
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to adapt to new challenges in a dynamic and fast paced environment while handling multiple projects
- Keen attention to details
- Ability to demonstrate high EQ
- Ability to prioritize deliverables and meet demanding deadlines
- Ability to display confidence when discussing valuations
- Ability to work well within a team-oriented environment or individually
- Strong analytical skills
- Previous valuation experience and working knowledge of Capital IQ and Bloomberg are a plus
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint is required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered " prefer not to say "). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit
at the bottom of this form.