Tactical Opportunities - Tax, Associate
Job Description: Tactical Opportunities - Tax, Associate Employer:
Blackstone Firm Overview:
Blackstone is one of the world's leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with $512 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone. Business Unit:
Tactical Opportunities Job Title:
Financial Associate Job Description:
The Tax Associate will provide domestic and international tax compliance and reporting support for Blackstone's Tactical Opportunities Funds. This individual will help implement best practices for compliance and reporting as well as:
- Compiling and reviewing tax data for federal and multi-state tax return & Schedule K-1 preparation - both partnership and corporations
- Gathering and analyzing financial information from underlying portfolio companies to determine the appropriate tax treatment.
- Performing and reviewing tax allocations of partnership income
- Performing and reviewing tax provisions for blocker corporations
- Researching and determining tax treatment of complex domestic and foreign tax issues.
- Consulting with tax advisors to ensure proper accounting of transactions.
- Identifying and performing/reviewing state withholding tax requirements relating to state income allocation to nonresident recipients.
- Identifying and performing/reviewing US withholding tax requirements relating to income allocations to foreign and tax-exempt recipients.
- Responding to Limited Partners' tax inquiries or ad-hoc requests.
- Responding to tax authority requests & notices.
- Reviewing FATCA and CRS reporting.
- Supporting Finance team & liaising with other business units, as needed
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent and have
demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors as well as:
- 4+ years of Big 4 tax experience in private equity, investment partnership, or fund-of-fund.
- CPA or graduate degree preferred.
- Must have relevant tax experience with a concentration in domestic partnerships.
- Corporate tax experience is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work with complex data to drive decision-making.
- Ability to produce timely and accurate records, with an emphasis on the importance of supporting work paper documentation.
- Highly organized and proactive, with follow-through on commitments.
- Strong work ethic, responsiveness and passion for customer service and quality.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and dynamic culture, with the ability to take initiative and be hands-on.
- Effective verbal and written communicator.
- Excellent team player and good interpersonal skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered " prefer not to say "). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit
at the bottom of this form.