- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
TTS Product Manager, NA Emerging Receivables, SVP
TTS Product Manager, NA Emerging Receivables, SVP
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Product Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 25 % of the Time
- Job ID: 19021809
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explain what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
This critical role is part of the North America Emerging Receivables and Instant Payments Team, which develops and manages innovative solutions to help TTS clients efficiently make the leap from legacy capabilities to emerging solutions developed within the bank and/or by third-party Fintech firms. The team oversees capabilities that help TTS NA clients more effectively bill, collect and reconcile incoming payments across both Consumer and Business flows commercialized globally under the new Citi One Receivables brand. In addition, the team leads Citi's deployment of U.S. Instant Payments via The Clearing House's Real Time Payments (RTP) system, working closely with clients, functional partners, TCH and other industry participants to help drive RTP - the first new payment rail launched in the U.S. in four decades - to universal acceptance.
The SVP, Emerging Electronic, will play a key leadership role on this highly visible team, managing a small group of product managers charged with conceptualizing, developing and commercializing new receivables products and services to drive payment digitization for Citi clients and strong multi-year P&L growth for TTS. The role will have significant interaction with partner on the Global P&R Product team and regional peers, requiring strong partnership skills. Among initiatives currently in flight include: the build out and deployment of a global consumer digital collections solutions targeting e-commerce flows; Virtual Accounts to support Receive/Payment on Behalf of structures (ROBO/POBO and in-house bank constructs; and multiple solutions enabled by a global partnership with fintech High Radius, including Citi Smart Match to help automate clients' cash application. The role also has oversight over NA-specific bill/invoice present and payment capabilities offered in market through current Fintech partnerships.
The SVP will be an evangelist for Emerging Receivables technologies, both internally and to the marketplace, working closely with Product Management teams across the business; Solution Sales Managers, Product Sales and Account Management; and key functional partners. In addition to significant Client exposure, this role will manage product-level relationships with key third-party vendors and technology partners and will assist in developing the right go-to-market strategies to ensure Citi remains a leading player in the quick-changing complex NA payments landscape.
Product Strategy & Positioning
• P&L management of a high-profile growth business
• Drive product strategy and roadmap based on competitive dynamics, industry trends and market evolution to position TTS as a leading player in the Receivables space.
• Build market and industry knowledge and be creative about introducing new features, functionality, user experience enhancements and payment methods to the relevant products
• Create product positioning to specifically address the needs of target market verticals in partnership with Market Management and Client-Facing teams
• Coordinate and conduct sales and market management training
• Creating business cases that will drive investment decisions and product development roadmaps, including cross-product collaboration across the NA P&R team
• Manage relationships with relevant technology providers and Fintech partners, including ensuring adherence to appropriate Third Party Management controls
• Identify and execute on partnership opportunities across P&R and other TTS teams to identify product expansion opportunities - identifying the market need, defining the requirements and leading the integration.
• Risk and Compliance management and governance.
Client Sales & Enablement
• Work with product/solution sales and market management to develop and refine product value proposition
• Help drive Sales enablement activities, including supporting pitches/ requests based on priority; create a repository of repetitive queries and responses
• Support client pitches/ RFPs
• Lead the charge of creating exemplary client experience - help ensure implementations, service and operations preparedness for current and emerging products, participate and in client reviews, help support resolution of production issues, identify expansion opportunities
• Manage small team of product managers, providing appropriate guidance to ensure both success, productivity and employee engagement.
• Highly visible role with oversight/engagement on strategic, high-dollar initiatives. Significant senior-level visibility within TTS and across Citi
• Ability to represent TTS at cross-bank industry forums, ideation workshops and other critical external meetings.
The VP, Electronic and Emerging Receivables Product Management role will offer a candidate the opportunity to manage a complex, diverse and transformative P&L. Considering the number of clients and integrated nature of the business to TTS, the candidate will also benefit from significant client exposure and visibility within the firm across functional areas. Further, there are many industry changes that will require the candidate to work with internal risk, compliance, audit (internal and external) and external regulators.
• 7+ Years of relevant exposure to the payments/cash management industry, ideally with significant understanding of and experience specifically in receivables areas (e.g., EBPP/EIPP, A/R processes, credit/debit card processing, ACH/direct debit, etc.).
• Strategic thinking skills, Product Management, Fundamentals of Payments, Analytical and Problem Solving Skills.
• Demonstrated ability to translate the big picture (Strategies and goals, competitive set, industry knowledge) into tangible results and initiatives.
• Superior oral and written communication, and relationship building abilities and the ability to communicate in a persuasive and compelling manner.
• Bachelor's degree, MBA and/or CTP a plus.