Systems Administrator, Senior
Dual-headquartered in New York and London, Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide help investors to make important credit judgments with confidence.
Fitch Solutions delivers credit market data, analytical tools and risk services to the global financial community. In addition to offering proprietary market based content, Fitch Solutions distributes the ratings, research and financial data of Fitch Ratings through a variety of flexible platforms. With innovation and experience behind every solution, Fitch Solutions helps financial professionals meet the diverse and evolving needs of today's global markets.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions, along with Fitch Learning and BMI Research, are part of the Fitch Group, a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is owned by Hearst Corporation .
Fitch Ratings, Inc. and Fitch Solutions, Inc. are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. We comply with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which we operate, and provide equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and other status protected by applicable laws. Department overview:
Fitch Ratings is seeking a Network Engineer to join the Network Engineering team within Fitch's IT Infrastructure Group. The team is responsible for Network, Network Security, Cisco Voice and Video collaboration platform. Job Description:
The Network Engineer has accountability for researching, designing, engineering, implementing, and supporting network solutions. The candidate will utilize in-depth technical knowledge and business requirements to help design and implement a secure solutions. Position Requirements:
- Must have in-depth knowledge of network best practices.
- Ability to create accurate system diagrams and documentation for design and planning network systems.
- Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols.
- Troubleshooting & Configuration Experience with routing protocols
- Thorough understanding of switching protocols
The candidate must possess the following skills, experiences and qualities:
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization.
- A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Dependable and flexible when necessary.
- Cloud networking experience a plus.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in network routing and switching or an engineering discipline
- Eperience designing and deploying networks
- Ability to quickly diagnose the problem areas and come up with solutions and/or workarounds
- Ability to understand the requirements and analyze the technical feasibility and design against the requirements.
- Able to work effectively with remote locations including onsite/offshore stakeholders
- Knowledge and experience architecting complex enterprise network solutions
- Experience coordinating delivery of project/changes milestones, ensures projects stay on target, escalating and identifying roadblocks.
- Ability to work independently, creative thinker/solver
- Strong communication skills - meaning professional demeanor in all situations and sensitivity to other cultures by adjusting communication styles - preferably experience in working in global industry
- Be detail oriented and thorough in all aspects of work