Our Team Clearing, Markets & Issuer Services Technology (CMIST)
is responsible for application development and support for critical business systems including Repo Edge (collateral management), Enterprise Payment Hub (multi-currency payment processing), and Broker Dealer Clearance (securities clearing), along with approximately 350 other applications used by the following high-priority business services and their clients. Treasury Services Technology (TST)
within CMIST is charged with the development and maintenance of state-of-the-art technology solutions for the Treasury Services business. TST is aligned with the business into five sub-segments including: Global Payments, Information & Liquidity, Payments and Receivables, Enterprise Financial Messaging (EFM) and Trade Services. Thanks to TST's delivery of industry-leading solutions, BNY Mellon is the first bank to participate in Real-Time Payments processing and provide full transparency into the status of payments. The Role
As a Systems Administrator, you will provide systems administration, database administration, and application support for mid-range, distributed, imaging processing platforms.
You will be is involved in all phases of design, implementation, and production support.
- Producing detail-level functional requirement documentation and selecting the optimal testing environment for specific applications
- Coordinate all parties affected by putting new applications into production
- Work to address a variety of technical (hardware, software or application) problems
- Production support - daylight and off hours on-call
- Project Implementation - on/off hours/weekends
- Security patching - on/off hours/weekends
Performs complex troubleshooting as a subject matter expert in one or more applications. Works to ensure appropriate monitoring and alerting setup. Works on root cause analysis and problem management to address underlying technical issues. Collaborates with business and application development stakeholders. Monitors changes to applications and their operating environment. Analyzes any complex issues. Recommends technical solutions on application problems. Reviews and develops updates of contingency documentation and processes. Reviews and analyzes product migrations through all systems environments. May review and execute Change Management scripts. Contributes to incident resolution for high priority incidents. May mentor or provide guidance for junior team members. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives MODIFIED BASED UPON LOCAL REGULATIONS/REQUIREMENTS Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree is beneficial. 6-8 years of diverse experience in information technology required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus Qualifications QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree is beneficial. 6-8 years of diverse experience in information technology required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Knowledge of mid-range and workstation operating systems; Linux, Windows Server and Windows workstations.
- Experience with database administration for Oracle-RAC, MS SQL, and/or Progress is beneficial as well as experience working within a VMware environment
- Customer-service oriented, able to build cooperative relationships with people and have effective oral and written communication skills.
- Experienced problem solver who thinks creatively about solutions and adapts easily to changing priorities
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624 Requisition Number: