- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley USA
- 12 Dec 18
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modeling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses-and to our own.
Enterprise Infrastructure (EI)
Enterprise Infrastructure (EI) delivers and manages essential and innovative technology infrastructure solutions to Morgan Stanley's businesses. EI is responsible for driving the production, operations, and engineering of our data centers, voice and data networking solutions, mainframe servers and databases, distributed computing, wireless technologies, and associated end user capabilities.
The Swift Engineer is responsible for the engineering and operational support of the firm's Swift infrastructure. Candidate must be comfortable supporting Swift in a 24x7 large scale environment (multi-SAGs, high volume). Individual will also interface with the Swift vendor service team, the MS business operations staff who use the Swift services and IT infrastructure support teams (unix operations, data center support, web operations, security operations etc.).
- Installation and administration of all Swift software components (SAG, SAA, SNL, WebPlatform, ECC)
- Installation and administration of all Swift hardware components (HSM, VPN, Unix servers)
- Installation of WebPlatform packages including SAG/SAA Admin, RMA, Target2, BoE
- Expertise with the Swift protocols (FIN. Interact, FileAct, Browse)
- Familiarity with the Relationship Management Application
- Configuration of message routing rules, message partners and endpoint
- Swift security (O2M; certificate administration; defining operators and virtual users, LAU)
- Swift security officer functions
- Ability to perform problem determination as well as interface with the SWIFT service center
- Unix fundamentals (Solaris and Linux, security, shell programming; )
- Familiarity with MQ and SSL/TLS
- Good oral/written communication skills
- Installation and administration of our primary Swift interface, IBM's WBIFN on z/OS
- Mainframe skills (USS, JCL/Utilities, TSO/SPF, SMP/E, DB2)
- Perl programming
- TRAIN and git software development tools
- Familiarity with the use of Kerberos
- Familiarity with AMH
- Familiarity with the Swift Customer Security program and how to support the required controls
- Backup/Recovery procedures
- Change management tools