The Bloomberg Terminal quickly and accurately delivers business and financial information, news and insight around the world to over 315,000 customers worldwide. Our global terminal customers depend on our proprietary high-quality hardware to be able to access our terminal and make critical business decisions. Bloomberg's Global Finance team works with all things (you guessed it) financial! We help business partners with all aspects of Procurement to cash collection, customer billing, revenue recording, vendor invoice processing and payments, regional treasury, and cash funding, indirect tax, capital planning and fixed assets. Global Procurement supports both the strategic sourcing and operational purchasing of goods and services for the organization. What does that mean? We procure and distribute the goods and services that Bloomberg needs to do business. We handle any vendor-related risks and deliver the best customer service in the world.
We understand urgency, work hard, have commercial acumen and are customer service driven. Our clients internally and externally count on us daily. Our team is tight, but our culture is wide open, where we challenge and support each other's creative ideas to remain first-class. What's the Role?
You are passionate about negotiating that next deal, being part of a Global Department delivering top quality service and advice. Our resourceful and dynamic Procurement Department is looking for an experienced Sourcing Manager to join its US Headquarters based in New York.
As one of our Sourcing Managers for Supply Chain and Technology categories you will build and manage relationships with our internal clients and the vendors who support our exciting and varied requirements for both global and Americas specific programs. You will need to show good knowledge of procurement principles, strong negotiating skills and an eye for detail. You will be part of the US team supporting multiple internal stakeholders, from a wide spectrum of departments with many and varied needs, in a dynamic demanding environment. We'll Trust You To:
- Build strong and lasting relationships with internal stakeholders and key suppliers to understand their businesses and needs
- Work collaboratively, negotiate and engage with key stakeholders to facilitate delivery and compliance with the procurement strategy
- Engage stakeholders across various business units and/or geographies to support in aligning their objectives and overcome internal obstacles
- Work with cross-BU stakeholders to ensure "One Bloomberg" approach to common suppliers
- Develop sourcing strategies and manage a robust strategic sourcing pipeline
- Determine specifications and requirements for products and services through communication with stakeholders and the department's strategic plan
- Understand the internal and external environment for the goods/services required by your stakeholders
- Communicate the impact of market changes and potential effects on suppliers to stakeholders
- Articulate the dynamics of the relationships between Bloomberg and key suppliers
- Negotiate contract terms with key vendors to ensure value for money, quality standards and delivery terms with technical and operational input from stakeholders as appropriate
- Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms
- Lead change management initiatives and overcome resistance through discussions and actions
- Ensure adherence to the purchasing policies and thresholds set by the Global Procurement Team
- Help develop or update purchasing policies as needed
- Provide guidance on the sourcing and purchasing process to stakeholders
- Respond to Stakeholder requests in an accurate and timely manner
- Provide support to the rest of the team to make sure we deliver first class customer service
- Support regional sourcing opportunities, including RFPs and reverse auctions, direct negotiations, etc. as necessary
You'll need to have:
We'd love to see:
- 5+ years' experience in a strategic sourcing and category management role within Supply Chain focused areas such as Logistics, Contract Manufacturing, and Direct Purchasing for our designed in-house hardware
- Experience in sourcing Technology specifically hardware and hardware managed services
- Experience in developing a category plan and playbook
- Customer Service skills, including issue resolution, problem solving, timely delivery, ownership of tasks, etc.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent stakeholder engagement abilities
- Good project management skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent supplier management skills
- Very good familiarity with E-Sourcing and contract management tools
- Ability to gather, analyze, and report on internal and external data to drive sourcing insights and decisions
- Education to degree level, CIPS or combination of education and work experience
- Ability to interact effectively in a cross-functional environment with multiple levels of stakeholders
- Ability to learn new applications relevant to the role
If this sounds like you:
- Keen understanding of the end-to-end RFx process. Experience and ability to execute reverse auctions
- Demonstrated application of negotiation and purchasing principles
- Knowledge of international trade terms
- Applied knowledge of Regulatory/Compliance contracting
- SAP, SAP eSourcing, Ariba, Aravo or other ERP systems knowledge
- Bloomberg Terminal knowledge
- CPP / CIPS / CPM
Apply - if we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps. In the meantime, watch this proud reminder of our purpose: https://vimeo.com/263526877 Why Bloomberg?
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.