Strategy & Communications Leader - Chief Data Office
The Fitch Group Chief Data Office (CDO) team is seeking a Strategy & Communications Leader to join us in our New York City location. As an extension of the Chief Data Officer, you are responsible for crafting and maintaining our overall strategy, program management, communications and change management. This includes promoting the success of data priorities by coaching leaders on creating and implementing effective program and change management, organization design and communication plans for data strategy, governance and technology. You will share meaningful, consistent stories that highlight the capabilities and accomplishments of the team. You serve as a key connector across our team and will support executive communications, internally and externally. You will also work with various communications colleagues across Fitch to build our internal brand and drive awareness of the business impact that data delivers. This position reports to the Chief Data Officer.
We will consider US-based remote candidates for exceptionally well qualified candidates. Primary Responsibilities
● In partnership with the CDO, craft the CDO strategy and vision
● Build out the program management and operational muscle for the office of the CDO
● Partner with HR to design and implement the CDO organization model, and support the CDO in hiring and onboarding key resources
● Lead and implement CDO cross-functional change management strategies to ensure adoption, acting as a change ambassador and accelerator
● Work with CDO leadership team on change strategies and critical communications to support data governance, data technology, artificial intelligence/machine learning (AI/ML) and data literacy initiatives that maximize employee adoption and business impact
● Define, create and execute communication strategies, plans, and content that maximize global employee awareness, understanding, and adoption at all levels, leveraging storytelling and plain language concepts to ensure broad awareness
● Connect with other communications professionals to ensure appropriate use of all possible channels
● Develop and coordinate content and materials to support external (to Fitch) communications opportunities such as speaking engagements, conference presentations, etc. for senior leadership
● Measure and report on the success and increased benefit realization, value creation, achievement of results and outcomes of changes Qualifications
● Bachelor's degree required with 5-10 years' experience as a strategy leader, spanning content strategy, branding, marketing, web content, public relations, and communications
● Experience working with data in a business function role for a minimum of 5 years (e.g. sales operations, marketing operations, business or finance operations)
● Knowledge of data management and the critical role it plays in product development, operations, marketing, finance, IT (cross-functional)
● Previous experience managing associates/teams
● Proven ability to lead change management efforts
● Experience managing multiple priorities and prioritizing work to achieve goals and expectations
● Ability to communicate and collaborate with diverse stakeholders, at all levels, to successfully implement change, understanding, and adoption
● Impeccable command of English and excellent speaking, writing, and presentation skills; solid proofreading skills
● Strong business acumen with ability to balance big picture and execution details
● Excellent problem-solving skills
● Proven ability to quickly gain insight into business needs
● Ability to influence and tell stories using data and ideas
● Great relationship building and management skills
● Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree in communications or business is a plus
● Change management certification (Prosci, etc.) desired
At Fitch, we have an open culture where employees are able to exchange ideas and perspectives, throughout the organization, irrespective of their seniority. Your voice will be heard allowing you to have a real impact. We embrace diversity and appreciate authenticity, employees work in an environment where they can be their true selves. Our inclusive and progressive approach helps us to keep a balanced perspective.
With our expertise, we are not only creating data and information, but also producing timely insights from every angle to influence decision making in this ever changing and highly competitive market. We have a relentless hunger to innovate and unlock the power of human insights and to drive value for our customers. There has never been a better time to make an impact and we invite you to join us on this journey.
Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide have helped fund a century of growth and enables you to make important credit judgments with con
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Wholly owned by the Hearst Corporation, we are comprised of three main businesses: Fitch Ratings | Fitch Solutions | Fitch Learning.
For more information please visit our websites: www.fitchratings.com | www.fitchsolutions.com | www.fitchlearning.com
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.