- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Strategy Lead Analyst - VP / AVP
Strategy Lead Analyst - VP / AVP
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Master's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19008269
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Position Objective :
The Risk Governance function within the Chief Operating Office of Independent Risk Management is responsible for designing and facilitating the execution of core Risk frameworks and processes (e.g., Risk Governance / Appetite Frameworks), facilitating the execution of key processes that enable monitoring and management of risks (i.e., Risk Controls) and associated stakeholder interaction (e.g., Regulatory Affairs) and for the oversight and execution of critical strategic and cross-Risk initiatives.
The Risk Strategy & Cross-Risk Initiatives team facilitates the identification and understanding of key risks in the current operating environment, enhances management practices that identify and manage these risks, and builds management / Board confidence in our frameworks, approaches and practices. The Risk Strategy VP will report to the Head of the Risk Strategy team and assist in:
- Strategic analyses for the CRO, Board, regulators and other constituents on a broad range of topics such as macroeconomic analyses, new risk management tools & frameworks, and portfolio deep-dives
- Development of perspectives on key Risk topics such as top-of-mind risks for usage internally (e.g. Board) and externally (e.g. Regulators, Central Banks, Industry Associations)
- Development of analytics to support key organizational initiatives and ad hoc requests
- Thoroughly research and perform in-depth analyses of markets as well as risk analysis of Citi's portfolios and risk management practices for presentation to internal and external stakeholders
- Work with various subject matter experts and members of the Risk Management Executive Council to develop well informed views on key Risk topics.
- Synthesize key findings and recommendations into clear and succinct presentations for the CRO to present to the Board as well as to various other internal & external forums.
- Perform detailed analyses on the impact of regulations and other changes to the operating environment on Citi and the industry as a whole. Understand and evaluate competitive landscapes, market conditions and the financials of industry participants.
- Develop strong working relationships and effectively partner with key stakeholders and subject matter experts across the organization (business & functions) to accomplish goals.
Position provides a unique vantage point to gain a firm-wide perspective across all businesses (ICG, CCB and Consumer) and Risk Types (credit, market, liquidity, operational & compliance, strategic and reputational). The body of work involves a significant amount of interaction with Citigroup and CBNA senior management and the position provides the opportunity to engage in high profile initiatives and mandates from the CRO Office (including creating presentations to the Citi Board of Directors), which allows for direct involvement in some of the most critical strategic projects throughout the Risk organization and the entire firm.
- 5+ years of experience
- Bachelors or Masters (preferred) in a quantitative discipline
- Good knowledge of markets and macro-economics, experience in a research role is a plus.
- Experience with data analysis, statistical methods, regressions, time series analysis.
- Ability to quickly prototype models and draw inferences.
- Ability to rapidly absorb information and distill key takeaways.
- Programming knowledge in Python and/or R, ability to handle excel spreadsheets.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good powerpoint presentation skills.