- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Location: New York, NY, USAThe Role:
The successful Strategist is motivated to design, develop, and deliver high end analytical and strategic solutions to Moody's Analytics' executives and business and sales leaders. This is a high impact / high visibility role and the results of your work will directly influence important business decisions. Candidates will help senior leaders to:
- Identify potential growth opportunities with existing customers or in new customer segments and markets
- Prioritize and deploy sales, service and marketing resources to improve profitability and effectiveness
- Support the firm's M&A and investment activities
- Inform product level marketing messages and positioning by understanding end user business challenges and needs and
- Advise on go-to-market solutions to deliver improved customer experience and efficiency
- Conduct deep segmentation analysis across financial asset classes and customer segments
- Analyze and keep abreast of key regulatory developments and the competitive landscape affecting MA's customers and MA offerings to identify potential opportunities and threats.
- Develop detailed statistical analysis and models using various types of financial, customer and market data to identify potential revenue opportunities, staff deployment efficiencies or to support management decisions.
- Guide cross-functional teams in implementing and monitoring the execution of the strategies in coordination with various internal departments.
- Provide high-quality data analysis and analytical solutions utilizing data visualization to support business objectives.
Strategy & Analytics group, an internal consulting team that delivers cross-functional recommendations and insights on improving business performance, sales effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Bachelor's degree in economics, finance, statistics or other quantitative field is required;
- Masters / MBA is a plus.
- 3+ years' work experience involving both qualitative and quantitative analyses to solve problems, ideally coming from management consulting / economic consulting / banking environments.
- Experience querying structured data and developing models / analyses that are both analytically sound yet can be developed and deployed quickly
- Expert in Excel
- Experience with or ability to learn SQL, SPSS, R, Stata or other programming language / statistical software
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a group setting and across functions
- Hands on analytics experience in high stakes environment
- Be able to present findings to audience, need presentation skills
- Financial Services industry experience a plus
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.