Strategic Senior Real Estate Analyst
Bloomberg's Global Real Estate team is looking for a strategic Senior Real Estate Analyst to join our New York based team! You will be joining a team that is in charge of a large real estate portfolio that spans 166 offices in 72 countries consisting of 5 million square feet, with headquarters in New York and major office centers in Princeton, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Tokyo.
Reporting directly to the Global Head of Global Real Estate, you will provide reporting and financial analysis across Global Real Estate (GRE) functions for lease transactions, lease administrations, strategy and planning! We are looking for a highly self motivated individual who has the ability to navigate across a range of stakeholders, innovate and influence involved parties, and stay flexible in a fast paced environment. This person will be able to communicate effectively and efficiently while having the autonomy to make quick and informed decisions.
The GRE team is based in New York and manages the global portfolio by utilizing the best in-market approach for brokers in all portfolio cities. GRE reports into the Head of Global Workplace and Real Estate and is one of the 3 pillars, alongside Global Facility Management and Global Design and Construction, which collectively manages all matters of the real estate/workplace lifecycle. The GRE function also works closely with the Workplace Finance Group in producing financial impact reports and ensuring all aspects of portfolio management have appropriate financial oversight. We'll trust you to:
- Perform analysis of real estate lease transactions (Stay vs go cashflows, buy vs lease, P&I)
- Provide annual rental forecasts
- Work with the transaction team to provide local market trend analysis for deal strategy and forecasting
- Create analysis and written reports for ensuring necessary approvals for real estate commitments
- Provide long term strategic real estate planning reports utilizing headcount planning analysis
- Oversee the sublease portfolio ensuring rent collection and tenant relations are adequately met
- Manage Assets by overseeing London property managers to ensure tenants are meeting their obligations and ensuring quarterly asset management reports are delivered accurately
- Work with local appraisers/experts to manage annual real estate valuations for owned property
- Coordinate insurable value reports for global built and owned assets
- Create executive reports complete with cash flow for strategic real planning decisions
- Present strategic portfolio reports to upper management
- Support the capital requests process with real estate analytics and metrics
- Act as a conduit with the Capital and Facilities team to access pertinent leader information that is required for their roles
- Engage with necessary stakeholders and bring industry best practices to Bloomberg
You'll need to have:
- A degree in either Real Estate, Economics, Finance, or Business Administration
- 7+ years post-graduation experience working in major commercial real estate markets
- Experience in corporate real estate, legal, consulting, finance, private equity, REIT's, or commercial brokerage
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.