Strategic Planning & Analysis - Banking Americas, Analyst
Corporate Investment Banking (CIB) is responsible for corporate, investment and sponsor banking coverage, financial advisory, and the execution of corporate lending and syndication products.
- Provide analytical support as a key member of strategic planning and reporting team. Develop financial models that are used to measure division's performance. Prepare dashboards, key metrics, and PL/BS statement.
- Lead all aspects of CRM data management; maintain and ensure the data integrity of client records in Salesforce; Conduct daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance and reconciliation of client profitability data. Provide value-added reporting for client managers
- Monitor revenue pipeline, and project future revenues for the division
- Research, collect and maintain financial and operational data for bench marking and performance ranking. Analyze historical trends, and present findings
- Use data and analysis to create and format PowerPoint presentations incorporating data tables, graphs and design elements
- Work with the division's senior management and provide ad-hoc analysis and work on strategic initiatives
- Collaborate with other divisions, head office, and oversee branches to meet firm's financial reporting requirements
- Bachelor's degree in finance/accounting
- 2-3 years of financial reporting experience in leading financial institutions (front office preferred) and/or experience in Big 4 public accounting
- High proficiency with advanced Microsoft Excel, Access, and Power Point
- Strong data reporting experience and knowledge in Salesforce, Dealogic, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Capital IQ, and/or Hyperion a plus
- Attention to detail, strong quantitative skills, and high commitment to data accuracy
- Working knowledge of corporate banking and capital market products
- Demonstrate sense of urgency in meeting challenging deadlines and achieving goals
- Ability to work independently and in teams with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution comprising several legal entities, which together offer clients corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. Mizuho's operations in the Americas connect a broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector groups to local markets and a vast global network. Mizuho Americas is an integral part of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG), which is comprised of offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000 employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Learn more at mizuhoamericas.com.
Mizuho offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.