Strategic Planning - North American Banking COO, Analyst
North American Banking (NAB) is responsible for corporate, investment and sponsor banking coverage, financial advisory, and the execution of corporate lending and syndication products. Responsibilities * Provide analytical support as a key member of strategic planning and reporting team in North American Banking Division *
North American Banking (NAB) is responsible for corporate, investment and sponsor banking coverage, financial advisory, and the execution of corporate lending and syndication products.
- Provide analytical support as a key member of strategic planning and reporting team in North American Banking Division
- Develop financial models and data analytics that are used to measure division's performance. Prepare dashboards, key metrics, and PL/BS statement.
- Responsible for aspects of CRM and data management; maintain and ensure the data integrity of client records in Salesforce and in business managed databases; Conduct daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance and reconciliation of client profitability data. Provide value-added reporting for client managers and senior management
- Monitor revenue pipeline, and project future revenues for the division
- Research, collect and maintain financial, operational and market sizing data for bench marking and performance ranking. Analyze historical trends, and present findings
- Use data and analysis to create and format Powerpoint presentations incorporating data tables, graphs and design elements
- Work with the division's senior management and provide ad-hoc analysis and work on strategic initiatives
- Collaborate with other divisions, head office, and oversea branches to meet firm's financial reporting requirements
- Bachelor's degree in finance/accounting
- 1-3 years of financial reporting and / or data analytics experience in corporate and banking institution
- High proficiency with advanced Microsoft Excel, Access, and Power Point
- Strong data reporting experience and knowledge in Salesforce, Dealogic, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Capital IQ, and Hyperion a plus
- Attention to detail, strong quantitative skills, and high commitment to data accuracy
- Working knowledge of corporate banking and capital market products
- Demonstrate sense of urgency in meeting challenging deadlines and achieving goals
- Ability to work independently and in teams with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic and overtime required
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution that offers clients award-winning strategic and creative solutions in corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. We have experts in offices throughout the US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil and Chile. Our operations in the Americas connect our broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector entities to local markets and the vast global network of our parent company—Mizuho Financial Group.
Mizuho Financial Group is one of the largest financial institutions in the world, offering comprehensive financial and strategic services including private banking and venture capital through its subsidiaries. Based in Japan, the group has over 56,000 professionals working in 920 offices in nearly 40 countries throughout Asia, EMEA, and the Americas. As of March 31, 2016 its total assets were $1.8 trillion.