Strategic Partners – Private Equity Co-Investment, Vice President
Job Description: Firm Overview:
Blackstone is one of the world's leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with $545 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com . Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone . Business Unit:
Strategic Partners Business Unit Overview:
Strategic Partners is a market leader in private fund investing. Since 2000, Strategic Partners has raised $43 billion dedicated to private equity, real estate and infrastructure secondary and fund investing. Strategic Partners is recognized as an innovative and market-leading investor, with broad transaction capabilities that reinforce its established reputation as a nimble and responsive investor. Strategic Partners has executed over 1,275 transactions that represent interests in over 3,500 underlying fund interests managed by nearly 1,300 different financial sponsors.
The Co-Investment platform sits within the Strategic Partners business unit. Strategic Partners has been an active market participant since its inception and is looking to expand its co-investment platform to address the growing market opportunity. Investments will be made alongside market-leading private equity sponsors and will span a multitude of industries, asset types and capital structures. Job Title:
Strategic Partners - Private Equity Co-Investment, Vice President Job Description:
Strategic Partners provides the opportunity to join one of the most active and long-tenured investment teams in the secondary private equity industry with a growing Co-Investment business.
A Vice President within the Co-Investment team will be responsible for leading the sourcing, analysis and execution of investment transactions for the Co-Investment platform. The ideal candidate will be involved in all aspects of transaction due diligence, including valuation analysis, financial modeling and management meetings across all private equity asset classes. Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage relationships with financial sponsors, company management teams and other intermediaries to generate increased deal flow
- Negotiate and structure investment transactions effectively within tight time constraints
- Prepare internal memoranda and other materials to support investment recommendations and to communicate with internal constituents
- Monitor investments to communicate strategy and performance with existing and prospective investors
- Oversee Associates and Analysts within various transaction work streams
Strategic Partners seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent, and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. In addition to strong analytical and quantitative skills, the successful candidate should have strong communication skills, a demonstrated ability to write effectively, and a desire to work both independently and collaboratively in a lean and growing team. The ideal candidate will have 5-8 years of experience, with at least 2-3 years of private equity investing experience.
A successful candidate will be:
- A driven individual with a strong sense of personal integrity.
- Self-motivated and resourceful; able to multi-task and focus on delivering results.
- An enthusiastic team member who collaborates well with others and builds strong working relationships, both internally and externally.
- An articulate communicator who also recognizes the importance of listening.
- Resilient, flexible, open to feedback and focused on achieving excellence.
- Client-focused and committed to developing creative solutions.
- Analytical and logical, with raw intellectual ability and exceptional judgment
Strategic Partners values the diversity of its employees.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered " prefer not to say "). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit
at the bottom of this form.