Strategic Initiatives Lead - Practice Strategy
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Business Development and Training organization within Wealth Management focuses on the strategy and day-to-day management of Business Development, Product Distribution, and Field Engagement to assist Financial Advisors in better serving client needs. Business Development and Field Training is comprised of Sales Managers, Product Specialists, Internal Product Sales Desks, and a Home Office team committed to supporting the growth and overall success of Morgan Stanley Financial Advisors. Additionally, Business Development and Training works closely with Senior Management across Firm functions as well as Global Partners to coordinate and drive the Firm's growth initiatives. The Strategic Initiatives Lead
will be responsible for working with Practice Management Consultants (PMCs) and Financial Advisors on driving various teaming and partnering initiatives to the Morgan Stanley branch network as well as providing support to the Financial Advisors and their teams in the execution on the strategic vision of practice management.
The role will require a person who is capable of organizing and prioritizing projects while supporting Financial Advisors on the teaming infrastructure (including Partnership Portal, JPN Management, policies and procedures). In partnership with the PMCs, this person will also drive targeted field engagement campaigns that are designed to enhance teaming and partnering practices.
Strong problem solving and analytical skills are imperative as the role will be tasked with presenting quantitative and qualitative analyses, assessing metrics related to Financial Advisor practices and partnering with field leadership to gain expert insights. Our team works closely with business partners across Firm functions to analyze information, develop recommendations and drive change as it relates to our overall Practice Management Strategy. Key Responsibilities:
Qualifications: Knowledge and Skills Required:
- In partnership with PMCs, lead the development of strong, long-term relationships with Financial Advisors and Senior Executives across all regions, and to foster a culture of learning and development focusing on team optimization and practice management strategies
- Deliver teaming and partnering analytics to the field and specialist businesses (e.g. Graystone, PWM, IWM) to help drive practice management related initiatives across the firm
- Lead the identification and management of targeted teaming and partnering opportunities, and supporting the National Strategic Partner program
- Participate on and present at leadership committees such as the CG Advisory Board, National Diversity Council and APIC etc. Communicate to regional management and FAs any updates or announcements related to teaming and partnering
- Think critically about existing work streams and processes; participate in brainstorming and contribute to solution efforts
- Create collateral and review practice management best practice and training content
- Support maintenance of the Diversity Teaming Program, the Client Retention Specialist Program, and NDIC meetings.
- Oversee field exception inquiries and request approval on exceptions from legal/compliance as it relates to teaming and partnering.
- BS/BA with at least 7-10 years of industry experience
- Strong analytical and presentation skills with proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Exemplary communication and consulting skills required
- Strong financial advisor relationship management skills
- Strong executive presence with skills in presentation development and delivery
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing deadlines