Strategic Financial Analyst Location:
New York The Location:
New York, Houston, US Virtual The Impact:
The Strategic Financial Analyst is a critical member of the Commodity Insights Business Management team, which is focused on driving business performance, providing reporting and analytics, delivering strategic presentations, and partnering with business leaders to understand key drivers and priorities impacting financial results. What's in it for you:
You will support the division's strategy and financial performance by leading reporting and analytics that will drive business decisions. The role will work closely with the divisional CFO and senior management to support the execution of strategic objectives and guide data-driven decision-making . Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For: Qualifications
- Lead sales estimate process in partnership with CFO and business leaders
- Support month-end, quarter-end, and annual forecast reporting processes
- Work closely with the business leaders to understand key drivers, strategies, and priorities impacting their financial results
- Monitor and analyze industry and competitive trends
- Provide support for M&A activity and business cases for organic growth opportunities
- Develop presentations and messaging for senior management
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree or CFA preferred, but not required
- +5 years of relevant experience including but not limited to accounting and financial analysis, and/or senior executive exposure and support
- Experience in financial modelling and comfortable managing complex data sets
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and relationship management capabilities
- Knowledge and awareness of commodity and energy markets
- Ideate and help optimize manual financial reporting processes
- A lteryx experience is a plus
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 12 Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $88,400 to $175,650. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . About Company Statement: S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Commodity Insights
enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
202 - Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), OPRTON202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
277183 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States