BTG Pactual’s Tangible Asset Group (“TAG”) is a US$ 3.5 billion AUM segment of BTG Pactual’s ~US$ 60 billion AUM Asset Management division. TAG has created a new vertical focused on investing in structured capital solutions, stressed/ distressed invest-ments and opportunistic equity in companies, primarily with real assets backing, in the United States. TAG is launching a new fund to execute this strategy, the BTG Pactual Strategic Capital Fund (“Strat Cap”) with a US$ 200 million anchor capital commitment and a commitment target of US$ 700 million. Strat Cap seeks an Associate-level investment professional in New York, NY.
The Strat Cap Associate will be a key member of the team that builds out the Strat Cap investment strategy and is best defined as an investment execution professional – working on all aspects of investment execution throughout the life cycle of an investment.
- Supporting full scope of new investment evaluation processes, including creating presentations, driving investment analytics, conducting thematic-based industry research and market landscaping / analysis; supporting internal resources and supporting / managing external resources.
- Interfacing with management teams and transaction intermediaries; liaising with third party financing sources, including lenders or equity co-investment partners; helping manage third party advisors.
- Helping present to Strat Cap’s investment committee; and having strategic, financial and operational involvement with Strat Cap’s investments and portfolio companies on a post-investment basis.
Key Experiences and Competencies
- Demonstrated academic excellence.
- 2-5 years of corporate and / or real estate investment banking, private equity, and/or special situations professional experience.
- Strong transaction execution skills
- Ability to handle all stages of an investment, including: financial and operational analysis, internal and external due diligence, company valuations, and investment memorandum preparation.
- Support post-transaction investment maximization, working closely with management teams and portfolio companies to help create value.
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work effectively inside and outside the organization and possess the interpersonal and influencing skills to allow him/her to quickly earn the respect of both colleagues and counterparties.
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to work comfortably in a growing, entrepreneurial team environment with a willingness to roll up his/her sleeves to accomplish initiatives and milestones.
- Self-starter with a high-energy level and a desire to contribute meaningfully in building the Strat Cap platform.
- Cultural Fit
- Team player with an open, collaborative disposition and the cultural flexibility to work seamlessly with colleagues across the organization (given its global platform).
- Intellectually, the candidate must be eminently curious, persistent and inquisitive.
- Deep thinker with the ability to evaluate issues in different ways and question the status quo.
- It is expected that the candidate will be a person of the highest integrity and professional standards.