Strategic Beta Investments Intern
Ready to launch your career? The Columbia Threadneedle Investments intern program is designed to provide students with first-hand investment management experience. Help support strategic beta sales and exchange traded fund (ETF) product management activities by using tools, such as Morningstar Advisor Workstation, Bloomberg, and Salesforce.com. By working closely with Strategic Beta team members, learn aspects of Columbia Threadneedle Investments operations and marketing. Gain an understanding of how Columbia Threadneedle ETFs are promoted through the extensive sales network of Ameriprise Financial Advisors, banks, broker dealers, RIAs, and institutional client base.
About the Columbia Threadneedle Internship Program:
Our 11-week summer intern program provides real-life experience in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As a Columbia Threadneedle intern, you will gain exposure to leaders, cultivate your business knowledge, work on projects that directly impact the business, and network in a welcoming atmosphere. In addition, you will have access to our Business Resource Networks, including the Black Employee Network, Young Professionals Network, PRIDE Network, and others! Responsibilities
Responsibilities vary depending on assigned projects(s) and may include:
• Work directly with Head of Strategic Beta and sales management
• Assist team members with ad hoc projects which require strong communication and project coordination, sometimes across multiple business lines.
• Learn and use key tools and resources, including Morningstar Advisor Workstation, Zephyr on Demand. Required Qualifications
• Current Junior at a 4-year university pursuing a bachelor's degree
• Graduation date of December 2022 or May/June 2023
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Demonstrated leadership experience Preferred Qualifications
• High degree of self-motivation with strong integrity and ethics
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple projects
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
• Ability to work and communicate collaboratively with others
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and Powerpoint
• Career interest in the Asset Management field
The company does not offer corporate undergraduate internships for students with F-1 visas. About Our Company
Millions of people around the world rely on Columbia Threadneedle Investments to manage their money. We're intentionally built to help our clients succeed, backed by a global team of 2,000 people including more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. At Columbia Threadneedle, you'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority. In addition to our competitive total rewards package, employees stay with us because of our culture and commitment to their development. And, backed by the strength of our parent company, Ameriprise Financial, we are committed to providing you with the tools, resources, recognition and rewards to help you shape the career you want.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.