Storage and Backup Engineer
Point72 A Career with Point72's Technology Group:
Our Technology department employs 140+ people and delivers all technology solutions used within the firm. We are looking for extraordinarily bright, articulate and dedicated computer science or information systems professionals to join our team. If you want to join a world-class investment management organization that operates in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and rewards talent with recognition and increased responsibility, then this is the right opportunity. Our team seeks individuals that are highly proficient in their respective technology platform, articulate, solution driven, client focused and proactive in building their technology skills.
What you'll do:
- Innovation & Excellence: A successful team member has excellent broad technical and problem solving skills including the ability to innovate, drive change, and can quickly adapt to changing processes, priorities, languages, and ideas.
- Integrity: We uphold the highest standards of ethics and integrity. Our work is truthful, direct and unbiased. We protect sensitive and confidential information and exercise discretion in all aspects of our work.
- Courage: we are not afraid to fail. We accomplish difficult and high-stakes tasks in an environment with a high degree of uncertainty. We will sometimes be wrong, but we will always learn from our mistakes and improve.
- Curiosity: we always ask "why?" We don't accept the first answer or the easy answer; we strive for understanding. We do not report information; we provide insight and analysis by putting information into context. We solve puzzles even when we don't have all the pieces.
What's required to succeed as a Storage and Backup Engineer at Point72:
- As a Storage and Backup Engineer, you will be part of a new cross functional engineering team responsible for establishing the infrastructure for Point72's Cubist quantitative business
- Translate business requirements from individual Cubist teams into technology solutions that are scalable and can be centrally supported
- In the bigger picture, you will own the backup and storage environment for Point72 as a whole.
- Manage a diverse set of storage and backup technologies covering 30+PB across multiple regions and data centers
- Working with Infrastructure management you will define and publish short and long term strategies for these environments with defined performance characteristics and SLAs, and support users in the decision making process of how to utilize the technology
- Plan and manage refresh and expansion
- Provide capacity and usage reporting
- Ensure operating process/procedures are defined and in place
- Ensure effective monitoring, alerting and notification
- Help establish use of alternative storage and data protection technologies, for example cloud.
- Work with other members of the engineering team on the overall goal of automation
- Ensure the support organization has the knowledge and tools available to succeed
We take care of our people
- An out of the box thinker who is continually looking to improve the environment
- Extensive experience as a backup and storage engineer on platforms from vendors such as NetApp, EMC, Pure, Veritas. Cloud technologies desired
- Fully conversant with block and file-based storage protocols and principles
- Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating customer requirements and needs.
We invest in our people, their careers, their health, and their well-being. We want you to concentrate on success and leave the rest to us. When you work here, we provide:
- Fully-paid health care benefits
- Generous parental and family leave policies
- Mental and physical wellness programs
- Tuition assistance
- A 401(k) savings program with an employer match and more
Point72 Asset Management is a global firm led by Steven Cohen that invests in multiple asset classes and strategies worldwide. Resting on more than a quarter-century of investing experience, we seek to be the industry's premier asset manager through delivering superior risk-adjusted returns, adhering to the highest ethical standards, and offering the greatest opportunities to the industry's brightest talent. We're inventing the future of finance by revolutionizing how we develop our people and how we use data to shape our thinking. For more information, visit www.Point72.com/working-here .
Point72 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Point72 is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Point72 complies with applicable, local, state and federal laws on the subject of equal employment opportunity.