Newmark Knight Frank (NKF) is one of the world's leading commercial real estate advisory firms. We provide a fully integrated platform of services to prominent multinational corporations and institutional investors across the globe, as well as to occupiers, owners and developers of real estate on a local, regional and national level.
Together with London-based partner Knight Frank and independently-owned offices, NGKF's 14,100 professionals operate from more than 400 offices in established and emerging property markets on six continents. Job Summary:
The Financial Reporting Staff Accountant will be based in the Company's headquarters in New York City and report to the Manager of Financial Reporting within the Financial Reporting function. The Financial Reporting Staff Accounting position will be responsible for preparation of SEC Filings including 10-Qs, 10-Ks and coordination with other internal teams with respect to Proxy Statements and miscellaneous filings. Essential Job Duties:
Skills, Education and Experience:
- Preparation of SEC fillings including 10-Ks, 10-Qs and S8s, among others
- Preparation of financial statements and related footnote disclosures in compliance with US GAAP and SEC requirements
- Preparation of supporting documentation for financial statements and related footnote disclosure
- Research, interpret, and resolve complex, technical GAAP accounting issues
- Identify process improvement opportunities and work with Financial Reporting Manager to implement solutions
- May perform other duties as assigned
- BA in Accounting or similar field, CPA a plus
- Minimum 2 years' experience in public accounting setting or similar
- Minimum 4 years progressive accounting experience
- Sound understanding of US GAAP and SEC requirements
- Awareness of internal controls and COSO requirements
- Experience with researching complex accounting topics for US GAAP financial statements
- Proficiency in MS Office
Working Conditions: Normal working conditions with the absence of disagreeable elements
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Newmark Knight Frank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.