Sr Specialist, IT Operations
TITLE: Sr Specialist, IT Operations
LOCATION: New York, NY or Centennial, CO
GRADE LEVEL: 09 (internal use only)
• Collaborate and contribute across multiple Service Management disciplines including Configuration Management, Incident, Problem and Change Management
• Ability to work in a fast pace environment while juggling multiple tasks
• Work with multiple teams across different regions to execute and complete work
• Problem solve for solutions; identify short and long-term paths.
• Work with team to define key metrics and provide weekly reporting across service area to meet control requirements and objectives
• Manage communication across the service area and make it available on the company intranet
• Support areas including application on-boarding and off-boarding. Assist with configuration management activities as part of on-boarding and off-boarding activities.
• Facilitate triage sessions for Level 2 Triage Committee during service outages, high severity incidents and events and escalate to Level 3 wherever necessary as part of supporting Incident Management
• Work on daily Change Management tasks including coordinating changes for multiple products
• Monitor resolution progress of all incidents (irrespective of severity) logged and work to define trends through the Incident Defect process
• Facilitate Root Cause Analysis sessions and document Root Cause Analysis Report for identified events along with the possible corrective actions as part of Problem Management
• Work with teams to identify areas for process optimization
• Technology - Knowledge and understanding of cloud technologies and DevOps framework. Ability to master technical skills like AI/ML, Python, etc. Motivated to pursue technology certifications and self-learn skills to support strategic initiatives.
• Intermediate Skills - Strong working knowledge of configuration and asset management. Ability to support teams to complete day to day activities.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail at all times; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities and takes ownership of tasks at hand; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
• Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
• Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
• Degree in a computing related discipline; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Good to have Skills
• Strong written and verbal communication; ability to work across multiple teams
• Strong understanding of technical aspects of all platform layers (web, application, middleware, database etc)
• Working understanding and experience in the areas of Incident, Problem and Change Management
Minimum and Preferred Experience/Skills
• 1-3 years of relevant experience with Bachelor's degree.
• Experienced in ITIL; ITIL certification preferred
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills and great attitude towards Operations
• Very good verbal and written communication skills
• Technical acumen and understanding of application and infrastructure technologies including Cloud, network, storage, application development and DevOps
• Understanding of application and infrastructure technologies including Cloud, network, storage, application development and DevOps
• Accountable, detailed oriented, hard-working, organized and responsive
• Promotes a culture of continuous improvement and service excellence
• Strong team player with the ability to easily collaborate
• Experience with industry leading ISTM COTs packages including ServiceNow
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office collaboration tools including PowerPoint and Excel
• Experience in one of the following IT Service Management areas - Incident Management, Problem Management and Change Management
• More than 2 year experience using ServiceNow and its key functions About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
203 - Entry Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
256148 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States