Sr. Specialist Developer - Java
Sr. Specialist Developer->> Consults with internal business groups to provide appropriate application software development services or technical support. Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon's standard development methodology. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Contributes to defining time tables and project plans. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs. Takes lead for establishing, implementing and monitoring 'best practices' for technical development methodologies and tools. Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
This position is part of an Asset Servicing prioritization to grow Custody technology. This will position Custody to initiate a target state architecture that supports all elements of Custody and focus on existing Mainframe technology with new distributed applications. Qualifications
• Experience in the securities or financialservices industry is a plus.
• Knowledge on SWIFT message types is aplus.
• Deep understanding of the softwaredevelopment life cycle.
• Excellent communication skills (writtenand verbal), ability to work in a team environment.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solvingskills and the ability to work well independently.
• Experience with complex systemintegration projects.
• Experience working with businessanalysts, database administrators, project managers and technical architects inmultiple geographical areas.
Technical Skills (Mainframe)
• Programming Language - COBOL, Assembler,PL1, there are many other reporting languages such as Eazytrieve, SAS, Dyl280etc. There are loads of other languages which internally generate code in Cobole.g. Sceptre, Coolgen. These code generators are dying very fast. EvenAssember, PL1 are no longer considered standard tech. In most of the mainframeshops the focus is to write in COBOL as maintenance is most important issue.va,Spring, Spring Boot, J2EE Design Patterns, REST services
• Knowledge of SQL, DB2stored procedure. With increased focus on mainframe integration with othertechnologies such as CICS web services, MQ series etc.
• JOBprocessing: JCL
• Scheduler - CA7, OPC, ESP, etc.
• Version control Tool - Endeavor,Changeman, etc.
• Abends: Abendaid, dummaster, etc. • Debugging tools - Intertest, Xpeditor etc. • Sort: ICETOOL, DFSORT, SYNCSORT • Scripting Languages: Rexx, Clist, ISPF macros • Databases: DB2, IMS DB, VSAM, IAM, QSAM • Fileaid and similar tools for browsing the files • File transfer - NDM, Connect direct, secure FTP etc. • SPUFI, QMF, BMC catalog manager, Fileaid db2 etc.
• Online: CICS, IMS DC, other technologiessuch as Sapiens which are rarely used now
• Knowledge of SQL, DB2 stored procedure. With increased focus onmainframe integration with other technologies - CICS web services, MQ seriesetc.
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 8-10 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Operations & Shared Technology-HR13644 Requisition Number: