Sr. Specialist Developer
Clearing,Markets & Issuer Services Technology (CMIST)
is responsible forapplication development and support for more than 350 critical business systemsincluding Repo Edge (collateral management), Enterprise Payment Hub(multi-currency payment processing), and Broker Dealer Clearance (securitiesclearing). Markets&Market Risk Technology (MMRT)
within CMIST provides technology management and applicationdevelopment for Foreign Exchange (FX), Securities Finance, Global CollateralManagement, Liquidity Management, and Fixed Income & Equities businesses.This group also supports the company's market risk and counterparty credit riskplatforms.
CollateralAdministration business has been growing and added additional clients includingT. Rowe Price last year. The Sr. Specialist Developer will work on the IMSeg Regulatory initiative and Greenfield initiative. These projects will helpmeet regulatory needs as well as reduce high risk on aging infrastructureissues. As a member of the team, you will be responsible for building andenhancing UI that present critical data services for our businesses. You willbe expected to design application modules, build test suites, analyze businessrequirements and propose innovative technology solutions.
- Participate in defining system requirements and designing technical solutions to developing and testing enhancements
- Collaborate with client and project teams to turn business requirements into detailed design specifications, and then build or enhance systems to meet their needs
- Testing and QA coordination
- Liaison with the business, support and development teams
- Create Common sharable component which can we used in multiple projects
- Participate in code reviews and unit testing
- Troubleshoot performance and scalability issues
Sr. Specialist Developer->> Consults with internal business groups to provide appropriate application software development services or technical support. Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon's standard development methodology. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Contributes to defining time tables and project plans. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs. Takes lead for establishing, implementing and monitoring 'best practices' for technical development methodologies and tools. Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives. Qualifications
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required
- 8-10 years of experience in software development required
- Recent 5+ years of experience with UI development
- Experience in modern web application design and responsive design.
- Experience in CSS post processing such as LESS/SASS/SCSS, webpack, ES6, Babel, Bootstrap, eslint, redux/ngrx.
- Previous experience with Java technologies is a plus
- Some experience with UX is preferred
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624 Requisition Number: