- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Sr. Software Engineer SAP/Oracle
Location: New York, NY, USAWe are seeking an experienced Lead Developer / Software Engineer with Financials systems background to join our Enterprise Business Systems team. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing, participating in and consulting on the architecture, design, development and implementation of multiple software development projects of various sizes & complexity. The candidate will have a proven ability to drive technical projects and provide leadership for a team of developers in an onsite/offshore delivery model in a fast paced environment as well as perform in a hands on development capacity.
- Have experience providing technical leadership to development teams to ensure development of solutions within established architecture and coding/technology standards.
- Provide technology and design thought leadership to internal groups with a focus on innovation.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills with focus on Team Delivery along with maturity in dealing with all levels of business and IT management.
- Assume primary ownership for assigned projects and work with various technology communities to achieve project objectives.
- Ability to multi-task, lead multiple efforts and projects and deliver solutions
- Participate in cross-departmental groups for the purposes of standards development, third-party tool evaluations, community of professionals, etc.
- Conduct design and code reviews, ensuring proper coding, conformance to standards and best practices, including performance, reliability, scalability, extensibility and high quality.
- This individual may need to serve as a primary contact with business clients to elicit and validate requirements, discuss technical impacts - developing and maintaining strong relationships, and keeping these clients informed and engaged throughout the entire project lifecycle.
Moody's Information Technology ("MIT") is the largest department of Moody's Shared Services and provides end-to-end technology solutions for Moody's Investors Service and Moody's Shared Services, as well as infrastructure for Moody's Analytics. The development and ongoing support of key ratings and enterprise systems ensure the company's premier standing among credit rating agencies and enable its evolution among regulatory and business demands. MIT continuously seeks talented individuals to drive the execution of its technology roadmap, which offers exciting career opportunities in program management, business analysis, enterprise architecture, software development, quality assurance, IT risk management, vendor management, technology operations and service management.
- 10 or more years' experience as a developer / software engineer
- 5 or more years' experience leading a team of developers
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience, preferably in a financial environment.
- Experience in Cloud SaaS product implementations
- Experience in multiple methodologies including Agile, Waterfall or RUP-style SDLC's
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate both technical and non-technical content clearly and succinctly to multiple audiences, including the ability to author a range of high-quality deliverables.
- Demonstrated ability to manage different and often conflicting objectives/activities at one time.
- Good working knowledge of Accounts Payables, Accounts Receivables, General Ledger, Self Service fundamentals and experience in working with cross-functional business users
- Working experience in Financial Services industry is a plus
- Big five consulting background experience is a plus
Technical Experience & Qualifications
- At least 5+ years of experience in working as lead developer on Financials systems with primary focus on Cloud ERP products.
- Strong technical knowledge and working experience in Cloud Integration platform offerings and tools such as MuleSoft, Kafka and Dell Boomi.
- Strong technical knowledge and working experience in implementing data integrations with Web services / SOAP / RESTful / File based integration patterns.
- Experience implementing and working in leading ERP platforms such as SAP and Oracle.
- Good working knowledge of Integrations involved with Cloud SaaS product offerings for Financials, HR and CRM systems.
- Strong working knowledge of relational databases, ETL and Cloud Platform tools.
- Strong project management experience in a software development, technical integration, with a proven track record of interfacing with multiple levels of the organization.
- Strong adaptability skills to learn different technologies, self-directed, adaptable, flexible, and curious.
- Understanding and working knowledge of Metadata framework and extensibility
- Understanding of SOX controls and designing solutions that complies with Audit and Enterprise Architecture
- Experience with software change and configuration management processes and tools, such as Subversion, Git, Jira.
- Familiarity with Architecture frameworks such as TOGAF is a plus
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.