Sr. Principal, Technology Strategist, Agile Transformation
Be an integral part of the Global Operations and Technology Strategy (GOTS) group at BNY Mellon and help build the future of technology in the firm. GOTS is spearheading the adoption of Agile, DevOps, and business-aligned product delivery, and instituting long-term, transformative changes, while evolving Technology's multi-year Operating Model and the Technology Strategy Master Plan. We are driving a comprehensive People and Workforce Strategy which identifies and invests in the skills that will create a world class Technology organization and a highly engaged workforce, with a focus on promoting continuous learning, development, listening, and recognition. Critically, we are surfacing and prioritizing the best strategic change investment opportunities to improve efficiency, increase productivity, and shift spending to deliver a sustainable advantage through investment in differentiating activities. To enable growth at scale, we are delivering superior Technical Documentation for the changes to our strategy, operating model, and tools, to drive the adoption of shared services, enterprise frameworks, and components, and to support end-users and customer. Job Responsibilities
The Sr. Principal Technology Strategist for BNY Mellon's Agile Transformation will be at the forefront of the firm's evolution. In this role you lead our team of Agile coaches and drive measurable, business-focused outcomes by transforming how our teams work. You will serve as a role model and leader for the overall transformation and the teams that are working to improve their practices.
- Manage the firm's agile coaches and coaching strategy
- Evangelize the firm's overall Agile strategy
- Manage vendor coaching initiatives and their resources working onsite
- Be a driving force for the Agile Champions network
- Publish and Maintain Agile best practices in a central repository
- Chair the Agile Coach working group with the Agile coaching leads
- Partner with Enterprise Change and Portfolio to implement new Agile standards in our DLC
- Partner with DevOps leads to ensure that our Agile and DevOps practices work hand in hand
Values and Competencies:
- Very strong analytical and leadership skills
- Proven experience in leading complex initiatives
- Deep understanding of Agile principles and how to deliver business outcomes using those principles
- Bachelor's degree in business, or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 8-15 years of related experience preferred; experience in technology or the financial services industry is a plus
- Experience and proficiency in working with and presenting to executives within technology, operations, and business
- Experience with tools such as Confluence, JIRA, and PowerBI preferred
- Ability to take ambiguous topics and translate into actionable plans working with multiple business and technical stakeholders
- Strong team player with outstanding communication, organization, and collaboration skills
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Passion for Excellence - Driven by a deep sense of purpose, we act with urgency in setting deadlines, use our grit and resourcefulness to overcome obstacles, and cut through red tape to deliver on time-every time. Whether delivering results for clients, pioneering new solutions, or running efficient operations-we set the bar high and strive to raise it, measuring ourselves against the best in class, anywhere.
- Integrity - Every action and every decision is an opportunity to build and safeguard client trust. We act ethically, lawfully, and honestly -regardless of any short-term pressures we may face. We trust each other to debate the ideas and not the person. United in our passion to achieve our Vision, we push each other when something important is at stake.
- Strength in Diversity - Difference makes us stronger. We actively incorporate perspectives from across backgrounds, experience, and expertise that can help cultivate belonging, identify blind spots, and unlock new value. The growth of others is as important as our own. We take the time, offer the honest word, and go the extra mile to help all of our colleagues succeed
- Courage to Lead - Today's world requires we anticipate tomorrow's challenges and pioneer new ways forward. We assess risk prudently, pursue ideas boldly and decisively, and take accountability for the results. The pursuit of excellence requires learning from our mistakes, not wallowing in them. We welcome new ideas, celebrate successes, and get smarter from failures.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Tech Strategy & Business Mgmt-HR06033 Requisition Number: