Sr. Principal, Product Process and Control Manager
For over 235 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world's leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. BNY Mellon has approximately $16.5 billion in revenues and a 23% return on tangible common equity.
BNY Mellon is a leader in the world of investment services and investment management, and our businesses support the full range of stakeholders of the financial system including:
- Managing the custody of approximately $37 trillion financial assets of the world's leading institutional investors, hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds, and corporates
- Investing approximately $2 trillion as one of the largest global asset managers across a wide range of asset classes
- Providing collateral, liquidity, and funding for the world's largest banks through our markets franchise
- Serving family offices and high net worth individuals through our wealth management franchise
- Providing a full suite of solutions to advisors, broker-dealers, family offices, hedge and '40 Act fund managers, registered investment advisor firms and wealth managers
- Advising large global corporations on a range of trust and other solutions
- Providing integrated managed data services to asset managers
The Product Process & Controls Manager is responsible for re-designing and implementing a comprehensive and robust product control framework and processes for Treasury Services products with a particular emphasis on controls related to financial crime risk. He/she will be operating in a complex business environment with diverse stakeholders across the line of business and support functions. The Product Process & Controls Manager will also contribute to larger enterprise re-engineering strategies. He/She collaborates with leaders in the line of business and support functions to generate business process opportunities and shape the overall business operating model.
The Product Process & Controls Manager employs a client-focused, strategic approach to drive adoption and utilization of business process re-engineering solutions. He/She demonstrates in-depth and comprehensive knowledge of business process improvement techniques and the Treasury Services products and services.
In collaboration with Product Managers and other business line stakeholders, he/she will identify opportunities and/or gaps within the line of business, compile the right set of recommendations, develop plans, requirements and capital requirements necessary to operationalize strategies and finally drive broader implementation. The Product Process & Controls Manager collaborates and engages large cross-functional project and BAU teams to ensure optimal initiative adoption. PREFERRED QUALIFICATION:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in Treasury Services as a product manager or control officer or similar experience in a risk & control function overseeing a Treasury Services business.
- Previous experience with Know-Your-Customer and Know-Your-Product discipline and processes related to Treasury Services products and services
- Demonstrable track record in designing and establishing robust, sustainable, and scalable control processes
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Advanced/graduate degree preferred.
- 10-12 years of total work experience preferred.
- Experience in securities, financial products and/or the finance industry preferred.
- Six Sigma Master Black Belt and PMP certification preferred.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
General Mgmt / Admin Organization:
Global Product Management-HR07027 Requisition Number: