Sr. Principal, Full-Stack Architect
Sr. Principal, Full-Stack Architect
Can be based in MA, NY, or NJ
Do you thrive on working on the cutting edge? Working with innovators in the early stages of ideas, products, or platforms? Do you want to transform an industry? Crave new challenges and solving hard customer problems using the latest in software technology?
At BNY Data and Analytics Solutions, we are transforming ourselves and the FinTech industry. Join us to be part of this amazing journey. We are looking for smart, motivated, fun people to help us with this industry changing transformation. Already an industry leader in Financial Technology with Eagle solutions, D&A is building the next generation solutions to include new and emerging technologies around Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Data Science and distributed Cloud computing. As a developing manager at D&A, you will use the latest technologies from Mobile to Cloud to create amazing customer focused SaaS products. Come help us re-imagine our solutions to provide world-class, best of breed solutions to delight our customers.
What You Will Do:
Developers work on product teams using agile processes to quickly produce and release customer value. As a Full Stack Architect, you will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, delivering and supporting our product lines. You will deeply understand the customer problems and how technology can solve those problems. You will have direct impact to our business. Using your extensive experience you can identify optimal technologies, implement application code and hand off to product teams to be productized for delivery. You will be a leader in designing the client experience of our future products.
This requires you to:
• Design and develop scalable, back-end, data services using SaaS based technology
• Hands on coding: UI, API, Microservices, distributed technologies
• Leverage existing open source technology where appropriate
• Solve tough design and architectural problems
• Be flexible in our fast-paced environment
• Represent and Present on technology adoption
• Be creative and willing to take risks
• Strive to deliver the highest quality features at all times
This is you:
• Excellent developer, enjoys writing code and tests
• Strong back-end programming language experience: C++, Java
• Equally strong front-end coding and framework experience: JS, Angular, React
• Experience with transforming monolith applications to microservices
• Experience with SaaS scalable technologies and cloud native solutions
• Experience with caching, distributed and big data computing technologies - Redis, Spark, Kafka, Databricks etc.
• Experience with CI/CD tools, technologies and best practices
• Hands-on experience working in agile software delivery teams
• Thrive in a fast-paced environment where you've delivered product ready, client facing, enterprise software.
• Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational skills, and attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience.
• 10+ years' experience in software engineering
• Previous experience at an Architect level
• Proven hands on experience with public cloud providers.
• Experience in financial and accounting domain is a plus but not mandatory Qualifications
Advanced degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required12 + years of experience in systems analysis and program development with related supervisory, management and administrative experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-Massachusetts-Wellesley Internal Jobcode:
Asset Servicing Organization:
Asset Servicing Technology-HR07302 Requisition Number: