Sr. Portfolio Manager - HNW
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 24 Nov 17 2017-11-24
Sr. Portfolio Manager - HNW
Fiduciary Trust Company International has been a trusted investment manager for individuals, families and foundations for more than 80 years. With world-class capabilities in investment management, trust and estate services, and custody services, we have the expertise to meet the requirements of the most sophisticated clients and their advisors, and can help assure that their families' needs will be met long into future generations.
In 2001, Fiduciary Trust joined forces with Franklin Resources, Inc., a global investment management company operating as Franklin Templeton Investments. The acquisition presented both companies with an opportunity to expand and enhance their resources, services and global presence by combining complementary areas of expertise.
The Senior Portfolio Manager- High Net Worth Investment Management, is responsible for the delivery of the firm's full scope of investment services across a diverse high net worth client base. This role is multi-faceted with a primary focus of providing investment advice, investment management and client servicing. The senior portfolio manager is responsible for the development and implementation of the client's overall portfolio investment strategy, including client profiling, portfolio construction and implementation of the firm's investment policy. The senior portfolio manager will work with clients to determine their financial goals and investment objectives. Investment mandates may range from global multi-asset class to single asset class strategies. The senior portfolio manager has the responsibility to understand, implement and monitor the firm's investment policy and broad investment strategies, including asset allocation, recommended investment vehicles and individual securities to achieve stated client goals and objectives. The role requires a comprehensive understanding and monitoring of capital markets, global macro and policy dynamics and its implications for various asset classes including global equities, fixed Income and alternative strategies. The senior portfolio manager also evaluates all relevant investment research in order to build and rebalance portfolios within risk parameters and in an after-tax framework.
The position requires strong analytic skills, as well as written and verbal communication skills. In working with high net worth clients, a solid understanding of tax, trust and estate planning knowledge is important. In addition, the Senior Portfolio Manager will work with a team to provide additional services for clients, including financial planning, tax, trust and estate services to build and maintain client relationships for a diverse client base, including domestic and international individuals, families, and foundations. The role also requires working with business development to strategize approach in acquiring new business.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of broad investment strategy. This requires working with clients to develop client profiles and investment objectives. It also requires the monitoring of global macro events and assessing the implications on markets and client portfolios.
- Responsible for the assessment and analysis of portfolio returns and risk in client portfolios to rebalance as needed on an after-tax basis.
- Responsible for the determination of absolute and relative valuations of investment securities in client portfolios. Responsible for the integration of both global macro and market valuation into a well-defined investment view, rationale, strategy and portfolio construction applied across a diverse client base and communicated to clients.
- Manage assigned accounts according to specific client investment objectives and constraints including idea generation; the execution and the monitoring of the assets held in the portfolio to ensure maximization of portfolio performance; and through marketing efforts, make presentations to existing clients, prospective clients and referral sources.
- Interface with the strategy teams and research groups to understand and implement the firm's recommendations; monitor cash balances; review portfolio investment results; communicate strategy an d results to clients.
- Responsible for articulation of our current economic and market views, outlook, portfolio positioning and construction.
- Responsible for effective management and oversight of a highly customized dedicated book of business.
- Create presentation material that provides information to clients for their understanding of the investment strategy and returns for their portfolios.
- Responsible for ensuring that we are meeting the ever changing objectives and needs of our clients.
- Responsible for the articulation of the firm's overall capabilities, philosophy and approach generally, including asset allocation, equity, fixed income and manager selection processes. Work with business development to provide investment analysis and proposals to gain new business. Foster client additions by providing added value and building strong relationships.
Education and Experience:
- CFA or MBA or equivalent highly preferred.
- Requires a bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 10 years investment or finance experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of portfolio management and investment research experience required.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Complete knowledge of the investment industry along with ability to analyze, interpret and present statistics in both written and oral presentations.
- Familiar with the High Net Worth Client Profile and objectives as well as trading, marketing and research functions.
- CFP or CPWA preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to details
- Ability to interact with senior management on a regular basis
- Ability to represent the Company at professional and business functions in a competent manner
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to exercise independent judgment consistent with department guidelines
- Ability to operate a personal computer and related software
- Ability to influence within own department and across the organization
- Travel required to various client and vendor locations