Sr. Market Surveillance Analyst
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
Senior Market Surveillance Analysts, in addition to performing Analyst tasks, work independently on most day-to-day responsibilities, including confidently handling surveillance issues & investigations of medium-level complexity with minimal supervision. They'll have a high level of knowledge regarding their assigned products and related cash markets, demonstrate strong analytical capabilities, and employ the full capabilities of regulatory systems, including both position and trade data systems. Principal Accountabilities:
• Demonstrate ability to produce well reasoned writing.
• Demonstrate an intermediate level of proficiency with third party tools such as Bloomberg and Reuters to analyze underlying markets, specifically in the areas of charting and historical trend
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and initiative in developing contacts in their product areas and with Exchange Product and Research staff involved in their assigned contracts, and confidence in making inquiries regarding sensitive matters to sophisticated market participants.
• Exhibit a solid understanding of Exchange rules and interpretations within the scope of market surveillance and a thorough understanding of the product and clearing rules relevant to their assigned contracts.
• Implement internal department policies, as well as initiate discussions that contribute to the improvement of those policies.
• Manage a more challenging workload and exhibit consistent levels of productivity in accordance with established objectives.
• Regularly interact with clearing firm employees and other industry professionals to answer questions regarding Exchange rules, or to offer judicious guidance regarding problems or disputes. Skills & Software Requirements:
MS Word, MS Excel and various proprietary Market Regulation systems.