Sr. Java Software Engineer for Equities Risk management
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you'll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
As a senior developer within the Global Equity Derivatives Risk Management team you will help drive the delivery of a best in class platform that provides real time visualization of Risk and P&L for a wide range of complex financial products. You will work closely with our Equity Derivatives business partners and Technology teams to ensure development efforts are focused in the right way at the right time and that they satisfy business needs to the best of the team's abilities.
You will drive the full delivery lifecycle, from requirements gathering, helping help the strategy through to design, development, testing, deployment and support. The successful candidate must be passionate about working in a fast moving environment, collaborating across team of multiple disciplines and agile development process. The candidate must have a lot of energy and be an excellent communicator.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Work directly with, traders, operations / control teams, and other technology teams to articulate new technology requirements and solve business problems
- Design and re-engineer components of critical platform that serves Intraday Risk and P&L to the global equities business
- Experience in working on team(s) for building large and scalable Java server side applications
- Experience with design and implementation of real time systems that involve movement of large volumes of data in financial services domain
- Proven track record of working in a Front Office environment and ability to communicate with traders independently
- Disciplined approach to code management, testing and deployment practices
- Experience with high performance & high throughput systems using parallelization and concurrency
- Experience of the full software development lifecycle, breaking requirements down into technical deliverables and following through to delivery
- Collaborate with other members of a globally distributed team on projects that impact trading desks across the globe
- Develop specific enhancements and/or build new solutions to fulfill business objectives related to new business requirements
- Where appropriate, define the development plan and milestones, and ensure delivery is in line with initial plan and strategy
- Document release procedures and support notes for deliverables so that support can be handed over to operate groups
- Provide 3rd Level production support on a rota basis
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
@2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran