Sr. Group Manager, Operations Cost Transparency
With a continued drive toward optimized operations, BNY Mellon is seeking to establish a sustainable Operational Cost Transparency platform that builds upon the analysis, recommendations, and outcomes of previous work. The Bank's objective is to enable repeatable cost to serve analytics and production of operational KPIs and metrics to inform decisions, prioritize opportunities and measure outcomes. The Operations Transparency platform should enable ongoing, data driven and systematic, insight into the functional sources and drivers of the costs consumed in the provision of product and services. It includes capability to produce discrete unit costs and interact with the information through online dashboards. Responsibilities
- Establishes strategy, vision, roadmap, and goals for firmwide adoption of Cost Transparency, working collaboratively with vendors and stakeholders
- Ensures appropriate architectural implementation and standardization across organization to support reliable aggregation of data for Actionable enterprise reporting & Decision-making
- Coordinates support of automated data transfers of data from Other Internal data sources
- Translate executive vision into technical requirements and subsequent deliverables.
- Gather functional and business requirements and rapidly translate that information into a working set of operational and financial models, dashboards, and management reports.
- Collaborate with Global Operations & Technology Executives and Finance on Total Cost of Ownership, financial metrics, and Cost Transparency initiatives.
- Develop and integrate Cost Transparency methodology in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders of the organization.
- Execute projects autonomously with minimal guidance/oversight. Must be proactive and take initiative.
- Collaborate and contribute effectively in a team environment and build strong relationships with team members including virtual (distributed and indirect) teams.
- Provide regular status updates identifies risks/issues and develops recommended mitigation approaches to managers.
- Import, transform, and rationalize data from various systems of record such as General Ledger, Fixed Assets, Activity Tracking, Service Catalog, Business Metrics, etc.
- Operationalize data monthly by loading, validating, and reviewing on timely basis.
- Advanced analytical and big data analysis skills
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively with multiple levels of management and staff across the organization
- Understanding of Operations in custodial or wholesale banks
- Knowledge of Operations services and financial management processes and best practices such as budgeting, cost allocations, capital & operating expense handling, program portfolio management
- Strong leadership and organizational skills - capable of motivating and managing organizations or teams to deliver desired results
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required
- Knowledge of Apptio Product Suites, Technology Business Management (TBM) and/or ITIL experience preferred
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Understanding of Cost and Performance Management activities
- Knowledge of Agile as well as Experience with JIRA
- Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Understand the Strategic Planning phase of the Planning, Programming, Budget and Execution (PPBE) cycle in close coordination with stakeholders throughout the lifecycle of the process
- Strong understanding of data manipulation with tools like MS Excel, Access, BI tools, etc
- Knowledge of financial management processes (Budgeting, Forecasting, Cost Allocations, etc.)
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Tech Strategy & Business Mgmt-HR06033} Requisition Number: