Sr. Group Manager, Information Security - Head of Configuration Management
Who we are:
As a global investments company, BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments, and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. Every day, our Technology employees make this happen while also seeking out new ways to do it more efficiently and effectively.
As part of BNY Mellon's global Technology organization, you'll have the opportunity to engage with some of the best and brightest, technology, business, and financial minds to find new and better ways to exceed our clients' expectations and build the future of financial services. With more than 230 years of industry leading experience under our belts, you might even say that we are the original fintech.
At BNY Mellon, cybersecurity is a top priority for both technology and the business. The members of the Information Security Division are on constant alert, using their creativity and knowledge of cybersecurity, technology and business processes to develop and deliver creative solutions. In this fast-paced environment, staff collaborate to respond to current risks, while identifying and anticipating future threats. Our cyber capabilities encompass the full spectrum of services from Cyber Operations (SOC, Cyber Threat Intelligence, Vulnerability Management, Cyber Incident Response, Penetration Testing & Red Teaming, Cyber Analytics & Fraud, and Insider threat) to Cyber Architecture and Engineering (Network, Platform, Cloud, and Applications Security). Together with the CISO and his leadership team, staff provide a robust set of cyber services that provide full scope protection and response capabilities across the BNY Mellon enterprise. We help our businesses, the bank's executive team, and our board of directors understand cybersecurity risk and the steps that must be taken to create and maintain a secure environment that drives innovation. What you will be doing:
Head of Security Configuration Management- covers infrastructure (operating systems, networking, middleware, platform services) and cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure, App Engine)
This position will lifecycle manage secure configuration management documentation, automatic assessment technologies, and adjudication processes for key bank platforms supporting thousands of MNEs. This work aligns with the CISO priority for Proactive Technology Management, specifically secure configuration.
Qualifications Who we are looking for:
- Provide support to application and platform teams in configuring and baselining to BNYM secure configuration standards
- Maintain data quality, integrity and security of the continuous configuration management assessment findings
- Work with technology teams in development and enhancement of security configuration management assessment processes and tooling
- Analyze security configuration issues and propose appropriate resolution maintaining appropriate compensating controls and risk management
- Assist and provide support for technology management teams, auditors, and line of defense risk managers in assessing control completeness and effectiveness of security configuration management adherence
- Manages multiple teams responsible for organization data protection. Oversees and develops policies regarding CTS security architecture, security monitoring and auditing, incident reporting/response and forensics. Leads and oversees broad information security projects and resourcing. Liaises with business process owners to ensure ongoing alignment. Participates in the planning and implementation of security for complex CTS projects. Evaluates security applications and systems. Presents recommendations on whether to use systems to senior management. Demonstrates advanced ability to conduct cost-benefit analysis to justify investment in security and/or COB controls to mitigate risks. Presents advanced analyses to senior management with recommendations aligning customer/business needs and capabilities. Evaluates new and emerging products and technologies, recommending which technologies to implement, develops functional specifications and documentation. Monitors budgets and schedules for projects conducted by teams and ensures they are completed in a timely manner. Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team. Manages multiple information security teams. Contributes to the achievement of multiple teams' objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred
- 12+ years of experience in information security or related technology experience required
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Information Security-HR11724 Requisition Number: