Sr. Group Manager, IT Risk Management
Who We Are:
As a global investments company, BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments, and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. Every day, our Technology employees make this happen while also seeking out new ways to do it more efficiently and effectively.
As part of BNY Mellon's global Technology organization, you'll have the opportunity to engage with some of the best and brightest, technology, business, and financial minds to find new and better ways to exceed our clients' expectations and build the future of financial services. With more than 230 years of industry leading experience under our belts, you might even say that we are the original fintech. What You'll Be Doing:
Clearing, Markets & Issuer Services Technology (CMIST) is responsible for application development and support for more than 350 critical business systems including Repo Edge (collateral management), Enterprise Payment Hub (multi-currency payment processing), and Broker Dealer Clearance (securities clearing).
The CMIST Centers of Excellence govern best practices across the organization. Supporting functions include financial planning, portfolio/program/project management, and technology risk management, as well as communications and employee engagement. The teams also provide strategic guidance for enterprise technology programs for application resiliency and infrastructure modernization, as well as production application administration and incident management, mainframe development, and quality engineering standards.
Qualifications Who We're Looking For:
- Manages multiple teams across business segments in identifying, analyzing, monitoring, and minimizing areas of risk that pertain to information technology.
- Contributes to developing the strategic direction of the Risk Management function.
- Contributes to strategy of CTS risk reporting.
- Leads major risk evaluations and delivers results and recommendations to business areas and IT management.
- Sets policies for documenting existing control procedures.
- Contributes to managing the strategic development and improvement of risk systems, methodologies and limits.
- Manages high-impact and complex projects in working with the businesses to improve controls that would mitigate any deficiencies.
- Ensures controls meet regulatory and organization standards.
- Uses in-depth knowledge of information technology and market trends to determine potential risks to the organization.
- Leads any resulting change needed to mitigate risk.
- Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
- Manages multiple risk management teams.
- Contributes to the achievement of multiple teams' objectives.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred
- 12+ years of related experience required
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
- ISACA certifications preferred, such as CRISC, CISA, CISSP
- 4 to 5 years of experience leading and managing small to mid sized teams
- Experience defining, implementing and monitoring IT risk management programs, including cyber security related risks
- Experience coordinating with IT Leadership teams, First, Second and Third lines of defense teams to facilitate key risk management processes and define acceptable levels of risk
- Experience communicating, providing consultative guidance and providing assurance of compliance with applicable laws, regulations, IT policies and industry frameworks such as NIST, COBIT, COSO, ISO.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624 Requisition Number: