Sr. Full Stack Engineer - Core Engineering
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.22 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,000 employees in 20 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
We aim to deliver to our investment professionals accurate information, on time, every time that enable them to make decisions in an increasingly complex world.
We provide trade execution capabilities, research data, analytics calculations, concise reports across a diverse array of financial investments that enable us to invest wisely and explain concisely to our clients what risk/reward decisions are being made. What does Platform Engineering do?
We provide the building blocks, platforms and self-service tools that enable high availability, operationally resilient and scalable applications to be built to enable our business to deliver value to our clients. Quite simply, we make it easier for other people to operate. As part of this team, you will join a talented group of technology professionals who enjoy taking on challenges, such as:
- Own vision and lead delivery of front end components
- Partner with stakeholders across technology
- Remove friction from development cycle
- Establish developer best practices across firm
- Create an open source culture
If you want to be part of the engineering revolution at PIMCO we would love to talk to you! What will your responsibilities be in this role?
Position Requirements: Minimum qualifications:
- Lead development of several .Net modules related to Authentication/Authorization
- Collaborate with our Dev Ops team to help drive the strategy for .Net deployments
- Lead strategy on .Net app integration with the firm monitoring platform
- Help lead strategy of several firm Authentication/Authorization services
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience building, deploying, and running .Net Core services in Production environments
- Technical product management including building roadmaps, stakeholder management, estimation, and planning in an agile environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for engineering excellence
- Experience working with Java Spring or Python applications
- Experience working with .Net Framework and .Net Standard
- Experience working with WPF
- Experience in financial services industry
- Experience with API development and management
- Experience with setting up and using Okta or similar product
- Experience using APM tooling for infrastructure and application monitoring
- Advocate of DevOps and automation
- Experience with financial analysis software like Beacon
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office