Sr Director, AM, Public Power & Transport Ratings
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 18 Oct 18
Sr Director, AM, Public Power & Transport Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is seeking a senior analytical leader and an exceptional professional with strong talent development, analytical, and communication skills to join the US Public Finance Team. As an Analytical Manager, you will lead a national team of nearly 15 analysts in the Public Power and Transportation sector, with presence in all of our U.S. regional offices.
This position will give the successful candidate the opportunity to lead the Public Power and Transportation team and enable a strong talent development culture that values diversity and empowerment, analytical excellence, service excellence, and operational effectiveness.
The Career Opportunity:
As a member of the USPF leadership team, you will get to contribute to transformational initiatives that will strengthen our presence in the municipal sector. You can deepen your talent development and operational skills and work in a collaborative environment with other teams across a broad range of markets and asset types. This role provides a great opportunity to expand your leadership, talent development and execution skills.
The Team / The Business:
You will report to the Lead Analytical Manager and Head of U.S. Public Finance and will work collaborative with a team of over 20 Analytical Managers and Sector Leaders in U.S Public Finance, as well as with the Head of Analytics and Research for U.S. Public Finance. You will also have an opportunity to collaborate with other leaders in the Financial Services, Sovereign and Public Finance practice.
- Lead Analytical Excellence in the Public Power and Transportation team by producing forward looking analysis providing the most valuable information possible to investors to help in their credit decisions, with a view to maintain best-in-class ratings performance.
- Ensure that our communication to issuers, investors and the media is clear, precise and transparent in telling a credit story within the boundaries of our policies such as Conflicts of Interest.
- Oversee team's overall credit ratings process by maintaining close vigilance on analytics and publishing quality, and managing resource allocation to optimize service delivery to the markets, including task delegation to Crisil.
- Responsible for having effective rating committees through: Chairing committees and delegating to senior analysts and reviewing published research. Utilizing input from Credit Conditions Committee (CCC), and AOCC in rating committees and published research on a consistent basis.
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of the team's ratings according to the set business procedures and in compliance with relevant analytical criteria and S&P Global Ratings policies and procedures.
- Ensure a positive compliance culture within the team, including by leading by example.
- Develop a culture of service excellence in the team by focusing members on sector expertise, constructive and predictable communication with issuers, analytical continuity and flawless execution.
- Develop analysts and increase employee engagement, focus on career development and develop and implement training in line with our talent strategy
- Foster a culture of Innovation and digital and technological awareness
- With Lead Analysts and Sector Leaders, undertake and coordinate market outreach initiatives with various market constituents (issuers, investors, intermediaries and professional associations) in the context of our strategic objectives and policies.
- Contribute to the success of a learning organization through continuous self-development, teamwork and contribution to organizational improvement through recruiting and developing and retaining talent.
- Encourage mentoring and cross-departmental exposure; manage self-development and advancement utilizing internal resources and external development opportunities.
- Enable a culture that champions diversity and inclusion
- Leader with extensive track record of analytical excellence that is able to demonstrate analytical independence and objectivity.
- 10+ years of experience in the Public Finance Practice Group sector is highly preferred
- Strong client and market knowledge and ability to contribute to the continued development of the S&P Global Ratings franchise
- Relevant experience in credit analysis
- Possesses strong operational management, influencing and communication skills with focus on strategy implementation and improvements to working practices and methods.
- Demonstrated capacity to collaborate with peers within and outside direct reporting lines
- Able to attract, motivate and lead a team of analysts in a collaborative working style.
- Must have in depth knowledge of the procedures and methodologies used for determining credit ratings, including qualitative and quantitative models, and be able to provide guidance to the team, especially in complex areas.
- Leadership skills and change management aptitude - the capacity to challenge views, processes, and behaviors, especially in complex areas. The ability to manage change, and resistance to change in a complex fast moving environment.
- Graduate degree in Business, Public Policy, Finance or related field required.
- Excellent public speaking and writing skills.
- Position is open to all U.S. office locations