Java, Fixed Income, Bonds, RFQ's, Trading systems, sql
A Leading Investment Bank in Manhattan is seeking BOTH a Long -Term Consultant and a Full -Time, Permanent Employee, for a Sr. Core Java Fixed Income Electronic Trading Software Engineer:
- Design & development of firm’s proprietary, high performance, Fixed Income E-Trading and Execution platform. (Bonds, Rates, Credit)
- Work alongside traders and quantitative analyst to specify and build out real-time trading applications that electronically execute orders across multiple ECNs.
- Drive implementation and design with emphasis on high availability, scalability and reusability
- Work with other Fixed Income front office team lead to promote framework reusability across all business.
- Team player, ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Supporting and enhancing existing infrastructure and application across a variety of technologies (ION, Java, Kdb)
- Champion best practice software development life cycle with emphasis in test driven coding methodology
- Balance time to market (client delivery) with proper governance, compliance and audit mandates
- Knowledge of market protocol for Bloomberg, TradeWeb, MarketAxess, TMC etc..
BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or related
- 5+ years of financial service experience
- Strong design, coding, testing and debugging skills
- Strong experience in Front-Office Trading Systems(Equity, or Fixed Income, or FX)
- Programming Languages – Core Java, or KDB (5+ years)
- Strong multithreaded programming experience is a must
- Knowledge of eTrading ECNs
- OS – Linux, Windows
- Experience in front office trading systems – Fixed Income Pricing and Analytic knowledge
- Understanding of Fixed Income Credit BuySide/SellSide market structure
- Experience with ALIB or NAG analytics packages is a plus
- Knowledge of ION, Broadway API a plus
- Knowledge of KDB/Q a plus
- C# .NET, WPF, HTML5, Angular/React, CSS, OpenFin