Sr. Compliance Analyst - AML HNW
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 17 Jun 18 2018-06-17
Sr. Compliance Analyst - AML HNW
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
What is the Global Compliance group responsible for?
The Senior Compliance Analyst is responsible for monitoring and oversight of AML activities to ensure compliance with US AML laws and regulations. The Senior Compliance Analyst will provide compliance support and expertise within established guidelines. Specific responsibilities include resolving AML investigations, completing all processes in connection with Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR), updating policies and procedures when necessary, training, and executing special projects related to the AML surveillance and monitoring program.
Although the focus of this role will be AML compliance, the Senior Compliance Analyst will also support supporting the Global Compliance Department in ensuring that all US and Non-US Private Wealth client relationships have undergone identification and due diligence screening required under Section 326 of the U.S Patriot Act prior to opening an account. The Senior Compliance Analyst will perform reviews to validate that all information provided on the Know Your Client Form ("KYC") is corroborated with supporting documentation as required by law and internal policies. The ideal candidate will be familiar with the Private Wealth industry as well as trust, estate and legal entity documentation requirements both within and outside of the US. The Senior Compliance Analyst will decision hits against various regulatory control lists (including OFAC) and escalate any potential matches as well as provide guidance, as required, in decision making process.
The Senior Compliance Analyst will also support ongoing regulatory reviews and assist with administering and facilitating documentation collection and setting up meetings with key business leaders during the examinations.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a Senior Compliance Analyst?
- Analyze post-execution transactions reported by the GIFTS AML transaction monitoring system for suspicious activity warranting attention/escalation. Document and maintain all transaction monitoring evidence
- Perform basic and enhanced due diligence KYC screening on new and existing US & Non-US clients. Document and maintain all due diligence evidence. Provide regulatory guidance on a case by case basis with respect to clients and/or their activity
- Complete all processes related to the filing of Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs).
- Document and report KYC or Transaction Monitoring application issues to management and system support. Assist with tracking and resolution of the same
- Track all outstanding documentation where temporary exceptions have been granted or transaction monitoring Request for Information (RFI) and follow-up with the business and Management as needed
- Review and escalate positive matches for negative news alerts (Regulatory Data Corporation (RDC) or suspicious activity to the Compliance Manager and the Bank Secrecy Act Officer
- Decision of Office of Foreign Asset Control, 314-A and other alerts that are generated based upon a review of our customer names against lists of suspected criminals, terrorists etc. and escalate any potential matches as appropriate
- Manage internal and external examinations of FTCI and subsidiaries
- Work closely with the Compliance Manager on special regulatory projects related to FTCI and subsidiaries.
- Participate in the Compliance Committee meetings and make presentations to senior management.
What ideal qualifications, skills & experience would help someone to be successful?
- 4 year degree or equivalent business experience
- At least 5 years industry experience and/or 5 years Financial Services compliance, preferably in the private banking and wealth management industry
- Comprehensive understanding of AML, OFAC and the USA PATRIOT Act.
- Experience with GIFTS transaction monitoring system or other automated transaction monitoring vendor software
- Compliance experience including knowledge of required legal governing documents for legal entities and knowledge of the Know Your Client/Anti-Money Laundering/ Bank Secrecy Act/ US Patriot Act requirements a plus
- Ability to guide and advise business on AML/BSA/OFAC/KYC issues.
- ACAMS Anti-Money Laundering Certification desired
- PC proficient (MS office) and extensive knowledge on performing internet searches
- Ability to communicate effectively (both verbally and written)
- Ability to comprehend and follow written and verbal instructions with limited supervision
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize daily work responsibilities
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to trouble-shoot and resolve issues in a timely manner
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Three weeks paid time off the first year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match, up to the IRS limits
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
- Onsite fitness center and recreation center*
- Onsite cafeteria*
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities . An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values , and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton".
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, or gender expression, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation. We invite you to visit us at http://www.franklintempletoncareers.com/ to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.