- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Sr. Communications Strategist
Location: New York, NY, USAThe Corporate Communication Strategist focuses on developing and executing communications strategies to promote Moody's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), diversity and inclusion and other corporate initiatives to internal and external audiences.
- Develops and executes communications strategies to promote Moody's CSR, diversity and inclusion, philanthropic and other corporate initiatives to employees, media, and other audiences .
- Develops intranet articles and posts, press releases, social media content, and other materials.
- Manages media inquiries and conducts media outreach for relevant topics.
- Interfaces with global internal partners including the Moody's CSR team, HR, employee resource group leaders, Legal and others.
- Develops and manages media lists and databases for media outreach.
- Supports media reporting activities.
- Undergraduate degree.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in communications, public relations, and/or journalism.
- Prior experience promoting corporate social responsibility and/or diversity and inclusion, ideally within the financial services sector or corporate environment.
- Strong writing, editing and verbal communication skills. Experience in developing written communications material.
- Strong detail orientation and time management skills, including the ability to handle multiple priorities and manage ongoing communications projects.
- Strong positive attitude, with sense of self-motivation and accountability.
- Good collaboration and influencing skills. Ability to coordinate and align feedback from internal stakeholders.
- Adaptable, flexible, and open to change.
- Strong technical/computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and SharePoint Software.
- English fluency/proficiency is essential; an additional language is helpful.
- Experience in media relations. Familiarity with media relations tactics and the media environment, including social media and influencers.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.