Sr. Business Analyst III (Ariba) - Virtual
: S&P Global Corporate The Role
: Sr Business Analyst (Ariba) The Location
: Virtual The Team
Each of our employees plays a vital role-uncovering the essential intelligence that our clients rely on day in and day out to make the decisions that matter. Our entire organization come from all walks of life and all corners of the globe, but they are all committed to the exact same thing-making a genuine impact with the work that they do.
We pursue excellence in everything we do. We value results, encourage teamwork and embrace change. Our team is responsible for the design, architecture, develop, and implement Oracle Financial Cloud applications for the organization wide needs The Impact:
Contribute significantly to the growth of the firm by:
What's in it for you:
- Build innovative solutions in the new Enterprise wide Cloud systems with long term value
- Create solutions with intelligence and customer focused (client first)
- Build a career with a global company
- Implement the financial solution of the company that supports global financial markets
- Grow and improve your skills by working on enterprise level products and new technologies
- Work with the business and technology teams to resolve issues with Ariba P2P and Oracle Fusion in a global environment. This role will be the Technical role for Ariba P2P linked to Oracle Fusion (desired) in Procurement, Accounts Payable and the Fixed Asset areas. Ability to increase the global footprint for the Ariba global roll out.
- Able to recognize issues, derive the solution and complete the resolution. Work closely with the Global Procurement, Accounts Payable, Tax and Fixed Assets business teams to determine cause and solution.
- Work with the business teams on enhancements to Ariba P2P and Oracle Fusion (desired) to support ongoing operations as well as the Ariba global roll out; translate business requirements to functional designs and have the ability to explain / work with the IT programming team to complete the implementation.
- Participate in Architect & solution designs with emphasis on efficiency, maintainability, and end-user experience.
- Evaluate technical changes required to accommodate future requirements / changes in business process.
- Design and develop repeatable solutions by leveraging common technology. Assist with testing activities.
Nice to Have:
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in below Ariba modules preferably in an on-demand version.
- Ariba Buyer/P2P
- Ariba Invoicing, Contract Compliance
- Ariba Integration Tool Kit
- Ariba Configuration Management
- Supplier Lifecycle and Performance
- Supplier Risk
- Guided Buying
- Work directly with Ariba customer support to resolve issues and track application upgrades.
- Experience working with a software development lifecycle methodology.
- Excellent communication, writing, facilitation, negotiation, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Monitor and resolve technical issues related to interfaces between Ariba P2P and Oracle Financial Cloud and ensure data accuracy.
- Ability to understand complex business requirements and match these requirements to an Ariba / Oracle Fusion solution (desired).
- Solid general technology knowledge and experience, and the ability to recognize and translate business problems into technology-based solutions.
- Provide second level Ariba support to end users.
- Understanding of Ariba catalog management tasks.
- Setup approval rules with necessary filters as per the business needs.
- Perform data configuration tasks in Ariba using Ariba Administrator.
- Troubleshoot data and workflow issues with the On-Demand Ariba application (SaaS).
- Manage and control P2P application upgrades and system maintenance processes.
- Experience in Ariba Supplier Network.
- Hands-on programming experience with computer languages such as Java, SQL (i.e. queries & scripts), UNIX (shell scripts).
- Exposure to tools such as Azure Devops.
- Able to handle defect tracking process, issue resolution and escalation procedures.
- Establish system controls in accordance with company's policies and procedures.
- Develop/articulate detailed documentation of internal client requirements and processes.
- Strong skills in critical thinking and analysis, meeting facilitation, verbal and written communications, and interpersonal interactions (e.g., partnering, conflict management, consulting, etc.).
- Experience as a liaison between the users and the development team, able to effectively speak in a non-technical manner to the users and in a technical manner to the development team.
- Working knowledge on integrating Ariba with Oracle Financial Cloud, CLM application like Docusign/Icertis etc, KOFAX, Relish, Vertex added advantage
- Working knowledge on various phases of the project implementation like capturing business requirements in Workshops, drawing Technical Architecture, prototyping and testing solution, managing fit/gap list and designing/developing/testing solution, helping business on Security & Control activities.
- Experience on Conversion strategy or processes and drawing cutover steps for a smooth project go-live will be an added advantage
- Knowledge on the latest technologies in Automation, AI/ML, Data Analytics, DevOps and API's will be an added advantage
- Knowledge on REST API, SOAP messaging, integrations with other enterprise applications like Vertex / data reporting tools & capabilities
- Knowledge of development standards, guidelines, industry trends and best practices across IT enterprise will be an added advantage
- Any knowledge articles or publications made on Ariba technologies or implementation methods will be an added advantage
- Certification in Ariba will be an added advantage
We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can. Return to Work
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative (link to career site page when available), we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace. Grade/Level
( relevant for internal applicants only ): Enter the grade level of the position. The Location:
Virtual. Candidate must be located in the US and able to work the core hours of 9-5 EST. Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $105,000 to $160,000. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://spgbenefits.com/ . About S&P Global Corporate:
At S&P Global, we don't give you intelligence-we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We're the world's foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Platts. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
289506 Posted On:
Virtual, New York, United States