- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 26 Apr 18
Sr Business Analyst
Location: New York, NY, USA
This individual will work collaboratively with MIS analysts, senior internal personnel, and with the application development team to elicit, document, and validate requirements for internal analytic tools and systems used as part of the ratings process. This individual will design and construct conceptual models and mock-ups to allow for solution options to be visualized and discussed. In addition, this individual will support the work of the development team by identifying and creating test cases to be used to verify developed functionality achieves the business objective. This individual will work on multiple products and keep all stakeholders informed and engaged throughout the entire development cycle.
- Support Business Requirements activities by providing end-to-end analysis for product and initiatives with respect to data requirements, data flows, workflow context and design, and user interface designs within and across the analytic system.
- Designs, creates and delivers quality requirements of all types - business, stakeholder, functional, non-functional and transition - for software solutions.
- Act as a liaison with internal teams to ensure understanding of the requirements and recommend proposed solutions
- Participate in cross-functional teams as a subject matter expert to support system enhancements, as well as on new development as either the primary Business Analyst or collaborating with other Business Analysts
- Managing technical appropriateness and/or feasibility of requirements and designs.
- Contribute to project planning activities.
- Responsible for periodic updates of project status to management.
- Recommend and implement centralized tools that internal teams can use to extract data/insights for daily business management in an automated manner.
Analytic and Technology Solutions Group
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in a related field required.
- 6+ years of experience as a Business Analyst or a role related to business process, workflow or process analysis in the financial services industry
- Experience creating mock-ups and conceptual models to communicate and visualize technical solution options required.
- UI/UX and knowledge and experience with technical design preferred.
- Experience writing test cases and scripts for automated testing preferred.
- Ability to coordinate and assist large teams in resolving complex analytical and technical issues.
- Excellent problem solver and independent thinker who has the ability to create innovative solutions
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Experience in an Agile development environment a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with both business and technology stakeholders.
- Strong Excel skills
- Fluency in English required.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.