Sr Analyst, Financial Crimes Compliance
JobDescription : The Role: Manager - Financial Crimes Compliance Location: New York, NY The Impact:
In this role, you will help ensure compliance with global financial crimes laws and regulations. What is in it for you?
- Opportunity for advancement
- Collaboration with global team
- Generous benefits package
- Work closely with the Director Financial Crimes Compliance to support compliance with the Financial Crimes Compliance policies and procedures including: AML, Sanctions, Customer and Third Party Due Diligence, and Anti-Bribery & Corruption.
- Be able to identify, assess, and articulate financial crimes related risks and solutions.
- Provide financial crimes compliance subject matter expertise as required and guidance to the business and key stakeholders on relevant financial crimes legislation and any other applicable rules/guidance.
- Evaluate new products and services, customers, and geographies, and advise on higher risk customers/third parties/products/services, to determine financial crime risk and develop policies and procedures to mitigate the risk.
- Work closely with the Director Financial Crimes Compliance in the operation of the Sanctions screening process.
- Coordinate with other control functions including Legal, Risk Management and Internal Audit in support of Financial Crimes Compliance
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of Compliance experience in Financial Services or Brokerage Firms.
- Demonstrated AML/KYC/Sanctions Compliance experience working with compliance monitoring systems, tracking compliance issues, and issuing reports preferred.
- ACAMS certification preferred.
- Analytical skills with the ability to exercise prudent judgment and discretion in the process of identifying and resolving problems/issues.
- Self-starter with the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills as well as listening skills
- Strong interpersonal, and negotiation skills; demonstrated ability to drive consensus across business groups and deal with challenging situations at all levels of the business in a resilient, confident and practical manner; excellent problem-solving skills informed by deep and varied experience in forging compliance solutions.
- Familiarity with risk management principles and philosophies.
- Excellent presentation, writing and analytical skills; able to understand and communicate industry rules and regulations effectively to employees at all levels of the business.
- Self-motivated and well-organized; able to prioritize tasks and work well under pressure.
- Ability to collaborate and work with different levels of management and businesses across the enterprise.
- Proven project management skills
At S&P Global, we don't give you intelligence-we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We're the world's foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Platts. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.