Sr Analyst, Energy
- Pay based on experience
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Chicago Mercantile Exchange
- 21 Nov 17 2017-11-21
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it – all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day – whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we’re small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we’re looking for more. The Analyst/Sr. Analyst will support the Energy Business Line Management team in developing and executing key business strategies. This is a business analytics role that involves obtaining, organizing, and synthesizing large sets of data that are essential to manage the energy business. The ideal candidate will successfully support product line managers in identifying growth opportunities for their products as well as other more advanced analytics and strategic work. A strong interest in the energy markets is required in order to keep up with emerging trends in this dynamic sector. Principal Accountabilities:
• Execute reports on customer volume and trading analysis, market forecasts, and scenario analysis for different business initiatives and strategies.
• Develop business models in support of the Energy strategy including pricing, product extensions, new products and services, and competitive positioning.
• Customer segmentation, competitive analysis, and extensive tracking of sales campaigns.
• Help manage relationships with key market makers, including the processing of legal documentation of market making agreements, payment processing, performance tracking, and rankings.
• Work collaboratively with marketing team to promote existing and new endeavors effectively to key customers through traditional market avenues, social media, industry events, and in person meetings.
• Work collaboratively with other internal teams (e.g. Research, Settlements, Risk, Sales). Skills & Software Requirements:
Windows Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Database or SAP Business Objects proficient.
Several years of quantitative analytical experience.