Sr.Spec'st Bus.Analysis Cons't
AsBNYM continue in their transformation and digitization of their paymentsprocessing platform and associated processes we are looking for a candidate tofulfill a role in the Payments Business Analyst group.
BNYMis currently undergoing a transformation of its Payment Eco-system. This isdriven primarily by a need to modernize it USD wire processing applications butalso to create a strategic Payment Platform capable of offering a seamlesspayment process, regardless of settlement channel to both internal and externalusers.
ThisBusiness Analyst will be responsible for:
- Driving business architectural solutions focused on flexibility, time to market and re-usability
- Working with business and technology partners to provide a seamless experience to users both internal and external when interacting with payment systems specifically
- Creation of Business and Functional Requirements for projects large and small, ranging from small functional enhancements to large multi-year transformation projects.
Specifically,this role would require management of a team of BAs along with some direct UserStory writing and Test Management over a multi-year period. The candidate woulddefine solutions and drive definition of payment flows which will involve ofmixture of mentoring a team but also the need to be involved in day to day BAwork.
Sr. Specialist BusinessAnalysis Consultant->> Consults with stakeholders to analyze, define,challenge and prioritize the business requirements, functional specificationsand operational architecture for a functional work stream within a highlycomplex strategic, global program. Formulates and defines program scope andobjectives for the work stream with thorough understanding of businessprocesses in a specific business domain. Tailors standard processes andtemplates for team to elicit, challenge, and prioritize requirements, andtranslates into functional design and use case models. Develops project scope,objectives, constraints and assumptions for a large, strategic, multi-yearprogram. Prepares and manages the project plan, issues and risks, and isaccountable for overall delivery of their assigned functional work stream on alarge-scale program. Provides guidance in development of the technical design,test plans, and user documentation. Leads implementation/conversion strategyplanning and implementation. Manages scope and change throughout the initiativeutilizing formal change control and requirements traceability. Gathers andanalyzes information and develops recommendations to address strategic businessobjectives that span multiple, global business and technology areas.Participates in industry forums and keeps current on domain knowledge for theirspecific business and application areas of expertise. Applies experiencesacross various software and/or systems development processes to define andcollect metrics and identify and implement opportunities for improvement toincrease quality of requirements and speed time-to-market. Actively influencessoftware and/or systems development process improvement initiatives.Contributes to the achievement of related area objectives. Qualifications PreferredExperience:
• 8+ years' experience in Payments technology and/or Business - ideally both. Knowledgebase:
- A strong business and technical knowledge in disciplines surrounding a High and Low Value Payment Processing, Emerging technologies, use of APIs, concepts such as Blockchain
- Direct and Indirect clearing mechanisms with Fed/Chips clearing knowledge being particularly important
- Payment messaging such as MT, MX formats and ISO 200022 standards
- Payment files processes, US ACH and International ACH payment schemes and processes.
- While focus is on payment processing knowledge of the following areas is also critical:
- Account static data management
- Payment charging concepts
- Watchlist and Anti Money Laundering scanning
- Funds Control
- Foreign Exchange
- Liquidity Management
- Client and Regulatory reporting
- Real Time Payments (via TCH) processing
- Experience in defining Payment Data Warehouses
- Knowledge of Development Lifecycles and Agile approach to project implementation
- Project Management experience would be considered a plus
• Communication Skills
Bynature of the job, business analysts spend a great deal of time interactingwith users, clients, management and developers. A project's success may dependupon the business analyst clearly communicating details like projectrequirements, requested changes and testing results. Fluent language skills andwritten communication abilities are necessary to thrive in a business analystcareer.
• Technical Skills
Inorder to identify business solutions, a business analyst should know whatinformation technology applications are being utilized, what new possibleoutcomes can be achieved through current platforms and what the latesttechnology offers. Testing software and designing business systems are alsoimportant technical business analyst skills. Gaining respect and creating asense of confidence among IT and business end-users requires a business analystto speak with confidence about business and technology, and to demonstrate astrong technical aptitude.
• Analytical Skills
Abusiness analyst's skill set should include outstanding analytical skills sothat a customer's business needs are properly interpreted and translated intoapplication and operational requirements. One aspect of the job is analyzingdata, documents, user input surveys and workflow to determine which course ofaction will correct the business problem. Strong analytical skills arebeneficial in performing the business analyst's job successfully.
• Problem Solving Skills
Whilethe ability to create workable solutions to business problems is not unique tobusiness analysts, it is a necessary skill for performing the job successfully.As with most IT roles, the business analyst's career may be spent dealing withfrequent and random changes. When these professionals are working to developingcustom business solutions, nothing is 100% predictable - so finding ways toquickly resolve problems and move toward a project's successful completion isimportant in the business analyst's role.
• Decision-Making Skills
Anotherimportant business analyst skill is the ability to make decisions. As aconsultant to management and advisor to developers, the business analyst is calledupon for sound judgment in a wide variety of business matters, any number ofwhich could determine the viability of the business. Business analysts shouldbe able to assess a situation, receive input from stakeholders, and select acourse of action.
• Managerial Skills
Anotherskill a business analyst should possess is the ability to manage projects.Planning the project scope, directing staff members, handling change requests,forecasting budgets and keeping everyone on the project within allotted timeconstraints are just some of the management skills a business analyst shouldpossess. Supervising projects of all sizes, from inception to implementation -and usually concurrently - can take a high degree of managerial skill.
• Negotiation and Persuasion Skills
Abusiness analyst serves as a liaison between developers and users, clients andcompanies, and management and IT. Finding the balance between individual wantsand business needs, and then interacting with a variety of personality typestoward a solution that works for the business, takes professional persuasionskills. When competing for client projects, a business analyst's negotiationskills come into frequent use, with the goal of achieving a profitable outcomefor the company and a working solution for the client. Maintainingrelationships within an organization and with external partners is an importantfunction of a business analyst that require strong negotiation and persuasionskills.
• A successful business analyst takes core business skills and specializedknowledge that will advance a firm's objectives, and contribute to itsremaining competitiveness in a complex economy. These core skills include:
• Written and verbal communication, including technical writing skills
• Understanding of systems engineering concepts
• The ability to conduct cost/benefit analysis
• Business case development
• Modeling techniques and methods
Bachelor'sdegree in business or technical-related discipline, or equivalent workexperience required, advanced degree preferred 8 - 10 years of experience inproviding consulting advice to senior IT and business management required,experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624 Requisition Number: