Specialist, Strategic Planning
About BNY Mellon, Investment Management:
BNY Mellon Investment Management is a leading global investment manager and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, with $2.2 trillion in assets under management as of Dec 31, 2020. Through an investor-first approach, the firm brings to clients the best of both worlds: specialist expertise from eight world-class investment firms offering solutions across every major asset class, backed by the strength, stability, and global presence of BNY Mellon, one of the world's most trusted investment partners. Additional information on BNY Mellon Investment Management is available on www.bnymellonim.com .
BNY Mellon Investment Management is a division of BNY Mellon, which has $35.2 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration as of March 31, 2020. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. Additional information is available www.im.bnymellon.com . Follow us on Twitter @BNY Mellon or visit our newsroom About Strategic Planning:
The strategy function plays a central role in the building of BNY Mellon Investment Management's global strategy and narrative, working with senior leaders to help shape the strategy initiatives with a particular focus on growth. The function is tasked with developing, shaping and articulating strategy and narrative across the Bank and within the business. Also responsible for incubating opportunities in collaboration with the overall bank, and driving execution in partnership with businesses.
The role offers opportunity to work on the most critical strategic initiatives for the business with unparalleled exposure to the senior leadership of BNY Mellon. About The Role:
The Strategic Planning, Specialist, - IC2 Conducts research, collects and assesses data/information in order to develop hypotheses that support strategic business initiatives/issues. In addition, this role uses analyses to develop recommendations/solutions that can be implemented and measured. Responsibilities
- Identifies, assesses and develops recommendations that address business issues and are aligned to key growth objectives. Supports recommendations with appropriate market research and business case.
- Applies comprehensive understanding of how multiple areas across disciplines collectively integrate to contribute towards achieving project objectives.
- Support development of strategy materials for Senior Leadership including Investment Management Steer Co, BK Steer Co and Board.
- May support implementation of a recommended action. Takes on a leadership role across multiple disciplines by serving as the central point of coordination and control in a project to ensure cross-business collaboration.
- Tracks project team activities and deliverables and applies strategic business concepts to ensure alignment of strategy and project execution.
- No direct reports. Contributes to the achievement of related teams objectives
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Bachelor's degree in business or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required 3-5 years of related experience preferred.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience working with a leading Strategy Consulting or in a strategy role preferred
- Proficiency in financial modelling and PowerPoint skills, strong communication, and presentation skills preferred
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Asset Management Organization:
IM Other Support-HR14830 Requisition Number: